Is it possible? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Is it possible?

My neighbor called, and asked if it was possible for me to download a photo off her cell phone for her. A Motorola Razor. I wouldn't even know how, if it was, I always just email mine. She doesn't have email. For those of you in the know when it comes to technology............is it possible???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Banned

The way I get pictures off my phone is send them to my e-mail then save them to my pictures.
Then you could print the picture.
Most phone photo are rather poor quality
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Cat Addict

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Cat Addict

When I look up a phone by that name I get 'Motorola RAZR V3' and 'Motorola RAZR V3i'... is it one of those?

If it's one of those, it would likely require a mini USB male to a micro USB male. So Male to Male (meaning the metal part is sticking out on both ends of the cord) ... that way, the mini USB end plugs into her phone and the micro USB end plugs into her computer, I don't know of any computer that doesn't have at least a few micro USB ports either in front or behind the tower.

Once you've plugged it into the computer you can open up Computer, which you'll find in the start menu and then once the computer has registered that a new device has been plugged in you should see the phone icon or something similar. Double click it and find the picture folder and then drag the pictures out of the folder (press Ctrl and the A keys at the same time to highlight everything in the folder) onto the desktop or wherever else you want.

At least, that's more or less what I do to get pictures off my iPhone. You can get USB cables on eBay for next to nothing. Your friend would probably need one like this: NEW Micro USB data cable For Motorola RAZR2 V9 V9m V9x | eBay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Last edited by Carmel; 10-25-2011 at 08:25 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Cat

A RAZR is an older phone, but not so old that it shouldn't have a memory card. Radio Shack should carry a memory card adaptor, and it shouldn't cost that much money. Just place the phone's card in the adaptor, and from there you can place it in your computer if you have a reader or take it into any Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito
text the picture to your email.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel View Post
If it's one of those, it would likely require a mini USB male to a micro USB male. So Male to Male (meaning the metal part is sticking out on both ends of the cord) ... that way, the mini USB end plugs into her phone and the micro USB end plugs into her computer, I don't know of any computer that doesn't have at least a few micro USB ports either in front or behind the tower.

Once you've plugged it into the computer you can open up Computer, which you'll find in the start menu and then once the computer has registered that a new device has been plugged in you should see the phone icon or something similar. Double click it and find the picture folder and then drag the pictures out of the folder (press Ctrl and the A keys at the same time to highlight everything in the folder) onto the desktop or wherever else you want.
OMG....omg! Why hadn't I thought of this!!! I have Doran's baby pictures (like, bottle feeding, and snuggling at 10 days onwards) on my old phone. I have kept the phone 'cause it was before the days of texting, but I love the pictures. WHY didn't I thinlk of this!!! Now all I have to do is find some sort of a connector....

Thanks Carmel!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 01:50 AM
Cool Cat

Motorola phone tools is quite handy also.

Yep, i still use one. Well mines the Krzr, the newest of the razr line... but i love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page