Advice on whether I should wear this dress to Pop's funeral - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Advice on whether I should wear this dress to Pop's funeral

My Pop passed away last Wednesday. His funeral is this Wednesday. I went shopping with my Mum and cousin on Saturday to find outfits we could wear. I absolutely loved this dress but from the beginning I've been worried it's not funeral appropriate. If it was someone I didn't know too well and I was going to show respect/support to their family, I would definitely stick with something dark but I was really close to my Pop and my Mum and cousin have assured me I should wear this dress.
I do worry however that other people might not agree that it's appropriate. I don't know what many other people will be wearing but I know my cousin and my sister have all black dresses and my Mum a black dress with tan down the front. I don't know, I didn't really want to wear all black but is this dress to 'happy' for such a sad occasion? I'll have black heels and a black necklace and clutch as well.

Should I just borrow a black and white flowered dress of my Mum's?

Bec

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Cat

Nobody can tell you what is and isnt appropriate for any funeral, let alone your Pop's.

You and he know the relationship you had, so its for you to decide what you think is appropriate. What other people think doesnt matter at all.

A funeral is a sad occasion, but at the same time it is a celebration of the life of someone you love and a celebration of everything good they did in their life.

If its what you want to wear, then wear it, the people who really matter will know why you have chosen it.

Sorry for your loss. x
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Jr. Cat

It's a nice dress. I say wear it. I doubt most people will care.

Very sorry about your pop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Cat

I agree I dont think anyone can tell you what is appropiate or not. Wear what ever you want to wear and grieve however you want to. I'm sorry for your loss.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Premier Cat

I wouldn't worry about what others think, if you think your pop would have enjoyed the dress and you wearing it then do it. I think it's a lovely tribute to him.

My only concern (for me) is that it is a GORGEOUS dress and I'd want to wear it again... I know that after my dad's funeral I could never wear that set of clothes again. It was a lovely black skirt and navy silk blouse again and I tried wearing them and just couldn't.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
My only concern (for me) is that it is a GORGEOUS dress and I'd want to wear it again... I know that after my dad's funeral I could never wear that set of clothes again. It was a lovely black skirt and navy silk blouse again and I tried wearing them and just couldn't.
^^ This. I absolutely ADORE the dress you showed us, and you look GREAT in it!! ..That being said, would you be able to wear it again?

Christine
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

I think it looks more wedding-appropriate than funeral, but do what you feel is right in your heart.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Senior Cat

I had a good friend pass away, most of his family, coworkers and friends had nothing to do with the motorcycling part of his life, yes I may have looked out place amongst all the formal atire, but he was a riding and rally friend so I wore my best leathers (tossed a set of bike keys in with him for the next ride)

yeti cat: two toes short of the record books
eons ago there must had been a creature with a roar
like a vacuum cleaner, it most likely ate cats.
smokey,yeti, pansy, violet, ember and brullie
jolene, tammi and emma the ghost kitties in the house
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Premier Cat

I agree with Marie that it may not be the best dress for a funeral. Maybe if you had a sweater that covered more of the dress than the current one does. If you have a question in your mind now you may be more self conscious during the actual ceremony.

I am sorry that your Pop passed.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my grandma in July and if possible it hurts more now than it did then. Honestly, I wouldn't wear the dress. I feel that if you're asking it is because deep down you aren't comfortable wearing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page