I really hate cameras.. or at least having them pointed at me - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I really hate cameras.. or at least having them pointed at me

It was an interesting night.. someone knocked on the door tonight and when I went out they had a camera in my face. It was a local news station wanting to know about the strays and ferals in the area and what people should know before they get a pet..

I just really hate being filmed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Dang.. I coulda used the Publisher's clearing house thing too.... well maybe next time.

A local teen was bit by a dog in a park near here, they were looking for information on the dog and if anyone could have seen it, The girl has started rabies shots since the dog hasn't been found. The had been asking around my neighborhood and people sent them to my house as the person who deals with the neighborhood strays.. but I haven't seen any dogs in this area. So they started asking about the stray cats and what people should do to help with the problems and what to expect when they get a pet to help lessen the problem with abandoned animals and strays. They even asked about s/n clinics is the area.

I am sure they were desperate for anything and will only use it if nothing else gets found...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Tom Cat

I agree, nothing worse than media desperate for a story. Our neighbour was murdered last year, and the questions they ask are ridiculous. Are you scared for your life now? (um....no....it was a family dispute). Just trying to get fear and hype.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I am just hoping that it is not going to lead to people taking it out on the colonies that are around here.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I tried not to say anything to set them off. basically that your pets can live very long lives and be prepared to care for them for the duration upwards to around 20 - 26 years. That pets are not something to throw away when you get tired of them. Spay/neuter and vaccinate. And don't handle ferals if you have never done it and do not know the animals without protection.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 02:08 AM
Premier Cat

I would have hated that too!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 03:52 AM
Cat Addict

With my luck they would only come to my door while I'm looking like a giant mess! They could at least call!!

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

With my luck, they'd come to the door while I was trying to trim Cleo's nails and all they would hear is a cat screaming as if their life was ending. Then I'd be the news at 11.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra-Butters View Post
With my luck they would only come to my door while I'm looking like a giant mess! They could at least call!!
it was late.. I was barefoot, in a baggy tee, and my hair was a mess. since i had been laying down not feeling to well.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 06:47 AM
Premier Cat

Lololol. I never answer my door. Anyone who knows me, knows to call before coming over or i'll ignore the knocking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page