When did you stop believing in Santa? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Cat

When did you stop believing in Santa?

I stopped believing when I snuck to the couch one night to catch him coming down the chimney. Of course I passed out but when my mom and stepdad came in to put down presents they woke me up. I only peeked so they wouldn't know I was awake, but then I knew for sure he wasn't real. It really wasn't traumatizing for me and they let me believe for so long that I was old enough to understand that it was just a story. I do miss believing in him sometimes! And that darn Rudolph!

**Edit** Also, if you have any stories about your children when they learned about it or another family member, please share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Cat

I don't remember how old I was but I believed way longer than any of my friends, more because I wanted to believe than because I ACTUALLY believed. One Christmas I asked my mom straightforward if there was or was not a santa clause and she told me the truth. I cried but I already knew it, it was just sort of hearing it that made it final and kinda sad. But I love the idea of santa so much even though I'm all grown up and there aren't any kids in my household we still put out presents from santa and I still make him cookies and milk every year ^_^
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
My sister and I shared a room and in our room, we had a regular closet with sliding door. Above that, there was an overhead closet. I forgot how old we were, but one Christmas Eve, when my dad thought we were asleep, he came into our room, got a step stool, and starting taking our presents from "Santa" out of the overhead closet. My sister and I pretended like we were asleep until my dad left with the presents. When he left, we were shocked! I don't think we cried, but Christmas morning wasn't as fun as it used to be.

As far as my kids, my oldest son was in third grade and my daughter was in second grade. They both had their suspicions, so I asked them if they still believed in Santa and they both said no. As for my younger sons, I'll have to ask them because I forgot.

----------
Renée
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Tom Cat

I think I was 8 or 9 when I stopped believing, but I never told my parents I had stopped believing, and while I'm sure at some point they caught on, it was never something we discussed. So, we still exchange gifts from "Santa" and I usually get at least one Santa gift for my dad even now. Most presents are wrapped and under the tree before Christmas, but there's always a fun element about new presents "appearing" Christmas eve. I also still sneak out late Christmas Eve to fill stockings, even though there aren't any more young kids in the family.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Cat Addict

There's no Santa?

Thanks for ruining my day.

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Cool Cat

I was never told and never "found out", I just grew out of it I guess. I remember discussing it with my friend and we had doubts about the whole toy shop in the north pole with elves but we still believed he existed and delivered toys. I don't think I completely let go until like 5th grade which is a lot older than people nowadays. My brothers never said anything which I appreciate, and my friends never said anything either so either they weren't told either or they just knew how to keep their mouths shut. I have no idea at what age my older brothers found out.

We still do "gifts from santa" because those ones were always the bigger ones which were left unwrapped, so my parents still leave the non-clothing items unwrapped for us to see as soon as we enter the room in the morning. They still stuff stockings for us (and my oldest brother is almost 27 lol), so they still have to get up early and bring down the "santa" gifts. Then the clothing from them and the presents me and my brothers exchange are left wrapped under the tree.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Banned

About the same time I stopped believing in humanity (the two were closely linked).
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 06:09 AM
Tom Cat

I still believe in him
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Tom Cat

Whaddya mean there's no Santa?? LOL

In all honesty I don't remember. It wasn't traumatic apparently like some stories I've heard so the exact event doesn't stick in my mind.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks for the replies Great stories!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page