MY Holiday decorations - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

MY Holiday decorations

I have not decorated my house for the holidays. I have, however, decorated myself!
I got hair tinsel in green, red and gold. Next month I'm getting shades of blue and silver!
(and yes, Zinny tried to "help" me do my hair...Nebbie was a good girl and just stood by and watched)

(please excuse the red nose. Not trying to simulate Rudolf...I'm sick!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Cat Addict

OOOO sparkly!! would never be able to keep the kitties away from my hair if I did that.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Premier Cat

Your hair looks great. Did you do that yourself? How do you take care of it?

Sorry you are sick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Yup, did it myself. You can go to a salon and have them put it in, but it's about $2.50 a strand...considering you need several strands, it can be $20+

If put in right and properly cared for, it can last up to 6 weeks (though I'm taking mine out at the end of the month and switching to silver/blue for January)
Shampoo, blow dry, even curl or flat-iron on medium heat (most tinsels are resistant up to 350-400F). Don't use a fine tooth comb, but picks and most brushes are okay if you don't tug too hard when you feel the little knot of the tinsel.

I bought mine on Ebay for $5

I learned by searching for videos in a Google search "Hair tinsel tutorial". It's pretty easy. Just tie the tinsel in a slip-knot, pull a few strands of hair through the slip-knot, then tie tinsel and hair together in a couple regular knots (if you want it to last. If you're only going to wear it for a weekend or day, just a slip knot and one more knot will be enough...then you can just tug it out when you're done).

Apparently Beyonce made this popular. I learned about it through a work assignment - had to write an article about hair tinsel. Figured I'd try it!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 01:40 AM
Cool Cat

Wow... I've never seen hair tinsel before. How long did it take you to put in?

Bec

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

It takes me about 5-10 minutes per strand, depending on where on my head it is (further back is a little more difficult than up front by my forehead). Just over an hour for the whole head, since I have 5 strands along my brow line, and then 10 strands (5 on each side of my 'part') down the middle... but I'll get faster the more I do it and with more practice.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Premier Cat

Really, really nice job.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page