Applying for jobs! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Applying for jobs!

Hey there guys! I need some help here. I am tired of being unemployed. I have money in savings, but I want that number to go up instead of down! LOL

So far I have applied to:
GameStop
PetSmart
Starbucks

I need advice on where else to apply! Also, Internet luck and magicks have gotten me jobs in the past, so if you would like, you can transfer me some internet luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Premier Cat

careerbuilder.com That's where I got my job.

I had my resume posted on their and a contracting company pulled it to hire me for a job with HP.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I have a Monster account, and people pull my resume from places that are a three hour drive away. I 86'd the car when we moved to the city, too, so that was a no-go.

I need to get another car, though, as this is ridiculous, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Cat

I'm in the same boat! Sans savings money. I'm applying to my local cable company and a local vet (fingers crossed). Good luck. From my experiences, petsmart and petco are veru iffy!

Keep us posted!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Tell me about it. I worked for a PetSmart in their boarding facility. I personally, literally, with my own two hands saved two dogs that were not well by the fault of people working there. I quit when I was a few minutes too late to save an 8 year old Shi Tzu. Someone had let this poor dog miss two doses of his heart medication. He started coughing up blood and then died. I will never forget him. His owners never heard the truth of what happened to him.

Since then there has been an investigation into that store and a great number of people were fired(thank god) but still I refuse to go back to that store. My new local PetSmart has a MUCH better staff. I was asked to apply by the manager after I stole a customer from him. LOL He was giving someone horrible advice about the baby bearded dragon they were buying and I was like, uhhhhh, no. Here, I'll tell ya how to take care of the lil guy. I expected the manager to be mad, but he took me aside and asked me to apply.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Senior Cat

I used to work for Starbucks, actually quite a nice place to work.

I don't really have any advice, but I can certainly sympathise. I had 7 interviews before I got my current job, it was a nightmare- but all worth it in the end. Good luck
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

I've had good luck with Craigslist. But don't list your name or address or phone number, just your experience, and don't name companies you've worked for. Keep it very generic and wait for a legitimate company to contact you, then you can email your actual resume to them. There are so many "fake" places that contact you, you really need to research every one before responding.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Cat Addict

I have been applying to all sorts of receptionist type things.

Becky, the proud momma of:

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Banned

I guess you're applying for low-level shop assistant type jobs then?

How about Walmart or one of the big superstore places. They tend to have quite a high turnover from what I've heard.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Tom Cat

Have you considered becoming a pharmacy technician? Not a bad gig.
That's where I started out. You don't need any education to start, but once you're in you can become certified, which should get you more $$ (depending on the company you work for).

I started as a regular rx tech, then CPhT, then pharmacy coordinator, then pharmacy support tech, and now I'm in IT working on pharmacy systems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page