Favorite authors. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Favorite authors.

Since I read quite a bit, I just wondered if you do too and who is your favorite author. Mine is James Patterson without a doubt. I have read over 50 of his books. I also like Danielle Steel and have read many of her books also. I actually have a spread sheet and keep all my books logged there so I don't pick up the same book twice.

I get my reading material from the library since I don't have a lot of space to keep books so returning them to the library works for me. They also put books on 'hold' and that works for me too. So who is your fav.

A cat can purr its way out of anything.- Donna McCrohan

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Cat

I like rachel Vincent's shifter series. Its about a clan of werepanthers. Also charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series ( I am a huge True Blood fan). I like some of Kelly Armstong's stuff (werewolf fiction). Basically shifter/were stuff. Also loved the Harry Potter series.

I should read more. I have a pile of books I bought (mostly about dogs) when Borders clearanced everything. I have to be in the mood to read.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Premier Cat

I like lots of authors. Nora Roberts, not her smutt stuff but actual novels like The Donovan Trilogy or the Born In Series.

Recently I've been on a Ken Follett kick. I've read The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. I've got his book Whiteout to read next.

Right now I'm in the middle of Sarum: The Novel of England by Edward Rutherfurd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Cat Addict

A lot. when I moved years ago.. we packed books, lots of books. we stopped counting at like 15,000 books and started giving them away. so we ONLY moved 19 boxes afterwards. We inherited a lot from various Bibliophiles. I just don't like to give away books without at least trying to read them first. Yeah we could have stocked a library.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Banned

My all time favorite books are Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Ann Rule (true crime books)

Patricia Cornwell, Sue Grafton, Lawrence Sanders, Dick Francis, Ray Bradbury

Mary Stewart's Merlin trilogy

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Cat

James Patterson fan here, also. Of all my books, I think only 6 or 7 aren't by him.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Cat

I must admit that I love the classics. Jane Austin is probably my favorite. But I also love good modern crime novels. I don't have a lot of time to read for pleasure, but I love to listen to books when doing housework.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Tom Cat

I read just about anything. I bought a kindle last christmas for myself, and a friend of mine, who's an avid reader of anything she can get her hands on, sent me her book collection to put on my kindle. I have about 900 books on there, I've probably read almost 100 of them to date. Classics like Animal Farm, to the full Lemony Snickett series, The Hunger Games, All of Sue Grafton's Kinsey Millhone series, some Stephen King.

Recently I've stumbled across some books I hadn't ever heard of in passing that I kind of just read because they're on my kindle and the next on the list. Room, by Emma Donoghue, The Man from St. Petersburg by Ken Follett, and About a Boy by Nick Hornby.

In short, I was the kid who would read the labels on the back of the shampoo bottles in the tub for amusement, and also the kid who when punished, could care less about her toys being taken away, because I could always read, when my mom got privy to that, she took my books too, so I read the bible. I'm not a super religious person, I wasn't raised in a church going family, but my mom said that she felt like it was awful to take the bible away too. Reading is my outlet, a getaway from life, like a little vacation.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Tom Cat

I love to read. I just finished The Other Bolyen Girl, quite enjoyed it. I read the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon in just over two weeks. It's 7 books - over 700 pages each . I am in love with Jamie Fraser ha ha ha.

Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth I enjoyed as well. I guess you could say I like historical fiction.

I've read way more Nora Roberts than I care to admit, but I tired of the same story, different names after a while. I did like the Key Trilogy and the Circle Trilogy best though.

I also like dystopian tales, 1984 by George Orwell, Anthem by Ayn Rand (a top 5 favorite), Hunger Games Trilogy, The Giver.

I also have delved into the Twilight Universe, I admit it lol. Meyers other book The Host was quite good too, in my opinion.

Lord of the Rings of course, Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter (although I haven't finished it completely or seen the last movie yet)

Umm, what else...The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks was eye opening. I really learned from that one. Room was...different, but I liked it. The Art of Racing in The Rain was good too.

I am very happy to have my iPad, so much easier to carry 50 books at a time now lol. Plus, the cost of the ebooks is so much lower, makes the cost of the device worth it in the end. Although I do sometimes miss real paper...

Ok, stopping now, I have way too many books lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page