I am a bum - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Cat

I am a bum

I posted this on another forum and as my title says, I am a bum and am pasting this instead of retyping it. LOL

So I have been jobless. No education Have been sending out my resumes. Then, yesterday I get two interviews scheduled for today. I got the first job!

Which is good AND bad.

It's bad because it is not a good job. Low pay, no benefits, and the hours are poop. And there is a chance it will end in the summer.

It's good because it is easy and I get to be around horses! YAY!

I have another interview tonight for a better paying job with good benefits but it will be hectic I have a feeling.

But I am happy because I have the first job for sure! Do not know what I would do if I got BOTH jobs. Guess will have to cross that bridge when I get to it. But *jumping up and down* I am no longer jobless. Yay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 05:10 PM
Senior Cat

Yay! Congrats! and Good Luck which ever or however many jobs you end up with!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lucille & Koko
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Jr. Cat

Congrats!
Personally if I had no kids and just pets to take care of I'd go for the horse job. But that's just me. Being a Mom makes me more practical. Either way you got a job. Woot woot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 PM
Premier Cat

Oh, congratulations to you on the first job. How wonderful it would be if you had to choose between two jobs!!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Cat

So I went to the second interview for chiropractor assistant. I was so cool and confidant because I had already secured a job that day. Wouldn't you know they called me back that night? Unfortunetly, I did not get the call for two reasons. One, I had my phone set to vibrate during the HOUR AND A HALF long interview and forgot to turn it up, and two, I was too busy puking my guys out. I feel better now so it was just temporary. They want me to job shadow which I am guessing means they are interested.

I have never in my life had the problem of getting two jobs in one day and having to pick one. Ok, I didn't get the CA job just yet, but it looks promising. So now I have a dilemma. Which job? Maybe you can chime in?

Foal Watching:
Pros
Easy job (I can catch up on reading, bring my laptop with me, etc.)
Working around horses (a dream for me and get to see live birth)
Possibilities of future work at this farm

Cons
Overnight shift (will not live normal hours of life)
Weather (main barn is heated to 40 degrees and break room is whatever I want but between barns will be cold)
Work may end in June
30 minute drive one way
Not great pay but there was mention of raises
Working every weekend

Chiropractor Assistant
Pros
Great opportunity in medical office setting (possibilities to be trained in radiology as well)
Normal work hours, most weekends and some Thursdays off
15/20 minute drive one way
Long term work

Cons
Multitasking more difficult job
STILL working with the public...most of them are in pain
Have to touch people
Travel (plane trips) and be away from home (which isn't really a pro or con I guess but I'm putting it in cons because this means husband has to care for the pets...oh the horror)
Not sure on pay

I have called both jobs and am waiting to hear back to set up dates to start. I don't like juggling them but I don't know what else to do. My logical brain is waiting for the CA job as it is permanent and a better opportunity and my animal loving, easy job wanting brain wants the horse job. I don't want to give up either and I also can't work 24/7.

What do you think? I am so indecisive.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Premier Cat

I'd rather do the foal watching job but practicality would have me taking the Chiro assistant job. I would *LOVE* to spend my life working with horses but unless your the owner or work in a higher position in a great well known barn I don't think it's going to support you.

I would IMAGINE the Chiro job pays better and probably has higher chance of upward mobility.

You could take the Chiro job and ask the farm if you could work on day on the weekends so you could still get to have that experience.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Cat

I would go for the CA job because you will learn a lot and will make a better resume if ever you need one. Working normal hours sounds good also, your life won't be turned around so much. Good luck in whichever you choose.

A cat can purr its way out of anything.- Donna McCrohan

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Premier Cat

Congrats! It's a good delimma to have. I would go for the office job, better pay, hours, and looks good for future experience.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 02:32 AM
Tom Cat

Congratulations with getting offers for both jobs!

I'm a bit of a laid back person and don't like to use my brain too much so I would like to go for the foal watching so I can still keep doing my own things and have more free time.

But definitely the chiro job will be able to support you better financially and also look better on your resume in the future.

It depends a lot on what you prefer - less money, more free time or more money less free time. To me, money = time but time ≠ money. That is how I would choose it.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Cat

Congrats!

I would go for the CA job because of the experience it will give you. It will also look great on your resume and I assume is better paying than the other job. Plus you don't have to work overnights which can be VERY hard on you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page