Whitney Houston has died at 48 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Whitney Houston has died at 48

No details yet, but her publicist has confirmed the report.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Premier Cat

OMG! I just saw that on FB. I hadn't even turned on the TV yet so I didnt know.

Wow...48.... Once she hooked up with that <edit> she just went downhill.

Last edited by Heather102180; 02-12-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: language
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I was just wondering how her life may have turned out if they had never been a couple. I was really rooting for her comeback, she just finished shooting a movie with Jordan Sparks and she looked great in the interview.

I feel so bad for her daughter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Banned

Very sad news. I loved her voice.

In an age where reality TV shows celebrate mediocrity, and the talentless are put on pedestals, I fear we won't ever hear the likes of her again.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 02:29 AM
Tom Cat

That's strange. I just was watching Bodyguard before I sign in to this forum and learn about this
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
Very sad news. I loved her voice.

In an age where reality TV shows celebrate mediocrity, and the talentless are put on pedestals, I fear we won't ever hear the likes of her again.
I totally agree Hugh! In this day and age, put a microphone in front of them, and a camera, and it's instant fame whether they deserve it or not. Sad really. I loved Whitney's music, she was an amazing amazing singer, and she will be greatly missed. She did alot for pop music as a whole, and was truly a superstar loaded with talent, unlike alot of today's music artists. So many of them that can't even sing decent. To hear them on a CD, and then live in person, and they sound totally different.

I feel so bad for her daughter.

To hear this song performed always gives me chills, and after so many flubs, and artists who just don't do it justice, to hear Whitney sing it is amazing.

Star Spangled Banner Whitney Houston - YouTube

Sorry......can't figure out how to imbed the video.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Cat Addict

And of course a lot of the new "talent" If not in front of a camera is using digital enhancements on their voice. AutoTune has become an accepted way to do things

Yes she had a powerful voice and Its a big loss.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Premier Cat

I was working the night shift when The Bodyguard cd came out. I would sing along with it at the top of my voice while driving back and forth (it was a 25 minute trip, so I had lots of time). Whitney gave me a lot of joy and compainionship during those times and I will always remember her for that.

Bobbie Brown just ruined her, IMO.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
No details yet, but her publicist has confirmed the report.
I saw this as breaking news last night. I was as shocked and saddened as everyone else. Whitney was born in Newark NJ which is my hometown also. I left Newark many, many years ago. Awaiting news of what caused her death although I do blame Bobby Brown for her downfall years ago.

RIP Ms. Houston.

A cat can purr its way out of anything.- Donna McCrohan

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Bobby Brown went on stage last night and performed in Nashville. He should have flown back IMMEDIATELY to be with his daughter. He flew back today. Jerk.

I don't think her past problems can be blamed entirely on him. They divorced about 5 years ago and she had a daughter to think of and to take care of herself for.

That voice, though, so pure and beautiful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page