Mouse in your house - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Mouse in your house

Has that ever happened to you?

My cat-Breezy
Shared cat-Katrina (The cat in my avatar)
Breezy-nonSupersonic kitty

Breezy,PI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Premier Cat

We always had mice in the house I grew up in. It was a 150 year old farmhouse that my dad renovated. Our cat was a great mouser but there were so many she'd never get to sleep if all she did was hunt.

She did learn my mom's "It's a mouse" scream and would coming running to catch it though.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Cat Addict

Well, yes. I owned about 100+ as a kid. We didn't have a regular mouse cage for those guys.... the cage was like 6 levels. Some of the mice got out (like if I'd drop one by mistake) and we'd never see them again.

We've had rats a few times. Usually just one at a time, nothing crazy. One in particular knew to use the cat door. Our neighbours have rats though so we see them occasionally in our yard... it's kind of irritating that they don't get rid of them...

Oh, and Blacky has brought in occasional mice... most we've been able to catch and send back outside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Cat

The mice, knock on wood, stay out. We did have an issue with wood rats, but between the neighbors formal feral and Miss M it is no longer an issue. There's tons of cats around here, but they couldn't seem to take care of the problem, but these two little ladies are dead serious about rodents.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Tom Cat

Ick, mice...my worst nightmare. None in this house, but we did have a bat once lol. Named him Bruce lol.

Lots of mice around the house, and that's fine, but they aren't getting invited in
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats&Plants View Post
Ick, mice...my worst nightmare. None in this house, but we did have a bat once lol. Named him Bruce lol.

Lots of mice around the house, and that's fine, but they aren't getting invited in

That's my take. I won't hurt you in your house, so stay out of mine. I did not invite you and will evict your furry little butt by any means necessary that's if my cranky kitten doesn't do so first.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Cat

Used to have mice in the attic for a time. Could occasionally hear their pattering in the ceiling. Found mouse droppings in one of the cupboards. Went on for a few months then suddendly they just packed up their bags and left Dodge City. Haven't had them since. Must have found better pickings, I suppose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page