The Muppets took an Oscar! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

The Muppets took an Oscar!

Best Song:Man Or Muppet

Midnight in Paris also took home an Academy Award. Is it out on dvd,yet?

The Artist took home 8,including Best Picture! And Meryl won for Iron Lady. MAMA MIA! That Billy crystal!

The Seperation,an Iranian movie also won 2 awards,and Bollywood had some contenders.

OT was Iron Maiden really named after Margeret Thatcher?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Cat Addict

Haha, I know! I was sort of shocked that there weren't more original music scores besides two.

Yes, Midnight in Paris is on DVD. My aunt really liked it, we got it for her for Christmas. I have no idea about Iron Maiden's name.

I don't think Meryl Streep should've won best actress, like a lot of people I was rooting for Viola Davis from The Help.

I'd also have rather seen Nick Nolte win best supporting actor for Warrior, although maybe that's not fair since I haven't seen the movie Christopher Plummer won for.

Oh, and Harry Potter deserved best makeup and Iron Lady won it... unless I completely fail to understand what consists for doing makeup... Iron Lady was about applying rouge, Harry Potter was about creating goblins.

I saw all of the films up for best picture and I figured The Artist would win but I don't really know which one should have won. This year all the best picture nominations were a little different, a lot based on true stories or historical events. I think the two I found the most watchable were Hugo and The Help. The Artist was certainly different, and interesting... Moneyball my dad walked out on and I watched in a somewhat detached way since I don't care the slightest for baseball, The Descendants was sort of depressing and didn't do much for me otherwise, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close was about 9/11 from an autistic boy's point of view when his father dies and how he subsequently deals with the loss, and it was really depressing... although at least I really felt something watching it, Midnight in Paris was the most lighthearted of the nominations, War Horse was ok but shifted through too many people for me to really care a great deal, and the The Tree of Life was very very different; there's not really any talking in it, just a lot of introspective thoughts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel View Post
Iron Lady was about applying rouge
Rouge = Makeup

Quote:
Harry Potter was about creating goblins.
Goblins = CGI ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
Rouge = Makeup

Goblins = CGI ?
Well, yeah, rouge is makeup, but when Harry Potter was announced as one of the nominations they showed clips of all the makeup in the series, and said how the makeup aspect was the details that went into creating goblins and every other humanoid looking creature in series. If that was CGI they wouldn't have mentioned it since it wouldn't have been relevant to the makeup nomination. Kind of like how The Chronicles of Narnia won and how Lord of the Rings won, it isn't all CGI.

Along with the dogs
and
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I loved when the Artist director was like 'YEAH!!!!'
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Well, yeah, rouge is makeup, but when Harry Potter was announced as one of the nominations they showed clips of all the makeup in the series, and said how the makeup aspect was the details that went into creating goblins and every other humanoid looking creature in series. If that was CGI they wouldn't have mentioned it since it wouldn't have been relevant to the makeup nomination. Kind of like how The Chronicles of Narnia won and how Lord of the Rings won, it isn't all CGI.
They probably got it because they got Maggie's look absolutely spot on. Goblins are easy. Replicating someone's exact looks isn't.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Cat Addict

I thought about that Huge, but I still think that making up one women isn't as remarkable, just about every year there's been a movie nominated with a lot of strange creatures they have won; Star Trek, Narnia, Lord of the Rings, Dracula, The Grintch, Men in Black. Whether you like Harry Potter or not, I think the movies deserved at least one award. The entire series of movies was totally passed over. The casting of Meryl had as much to do with is as makeup. Her acting and her own looks were huge factors for her appearing like Thatcher.

Along with the dogs
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page