Las Vegas PD took HOW LONG? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Las Vegas PD took HOW LONG?

So I was riding the bus and I just happen to take this street to work (Tropicana) there was a HUGE detour because of an accident, so I checked up on it. I was passing by around 2:15 PM... the accident happened at 7:49AM. It took the police 8 HOURS to process the scene and clear it up. Major dent in people getting to work, and major pain for the people injured in the accident!

Man in critical condition after 5-vehicle pileup on Tropicana Avenue - Monday, March 5, 2012 | 12:18 p.m. - Las Vegas Sun

So yeah, I'm entirely upset about this because it's a major road here, and I can't imagine what was going through people's minds while they were being rescued. I can't imagine them sitting there for 8 hours talking with police in the 80 degree heat we had today. As well as the elderly man and young man who were taken to the hospital, how long did they have to wait before even being taken?

What are your thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

From our family: Pinky, Alissa, and Ransome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

At least there was a reason, processing scenes takes a long time, and with multiple victims and several cars, even longer.

I can beat that:

A couple months ago, some idiot threatened to jump off an overpass during morning rush hour, so they closed a major freeway. They brought the guy food, cigarettes, etc.

This went on for 23 freaking HOURS!!!!!!!!! Yup, the next morning, still closed!!

To paraphrase something my Dad used to say, either jump or get off the bridge.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

That's ridiculous. Things should go at least a little faster for traffic's sake. Take them to the department. I'll keep posted on the two in the hospital, especially the 53 year old. It's scary.

And that quote by your dad. I like it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Banned

You do realise they actually have to find out what happened by taking witness statements, examining the scene (often with impatient people zooming past at 76mph ), and sometimes having to deal with some quite horrific scenes (a relative works for the police and they once had to find a child that had been thrown out of a car).

Yeah it's frustrating, but they take a long time for a reason. They're not being slow just to annoy you..
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

It's not like Tropicana is a limited access hwy and people are stuck, there are a gazillion side streets that run parallel to it, so people can get where they're going. The police should take all the time they need....

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Senior Cat

Five car pile up. People with very serious injuries. Any number of lawsuits pending.

It's probably a good idea that the police were very thorough with that one.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Premier Cat

... I doubt there were injured victims of a 5 car pile up sitting around for 8 hours while police investigated. The injured would have been taken by rescue workers long before the police started investigating. That concern isn't valid.

I agree with Doodlebug, I've been to Vegas a LOT of times and while Tropicana is the quickest (not always) it isn't the ONLY way to get around. It's easily avoided if need be.

If I had a loved one in a 5 car pileup who was seriously injured, I'd be more than ok with the police taking as long as they needed to investigate who was at fault. I'm pretty certain they weren't all leaning on the hoods of their cars drinking coffee and eating donuts. They were doing their job (one I sure as heck wouldn't want to do) thoroughly and methodically. Good for them.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
... I doubt there were injured victims of a 5 car pile up sitting around for 8 hours while police investigated. The injured would have been taken by rescue workers long before the police started investigating. That concern isn't valid.
Multiple injuries wouldn't give cause to take more time for detailed reports?

I'm no cop nor lawyer, but I would think that injury accidents take a little more time to investigate than non-injury accidents.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Premier Cat

No, what I meant was that the people who were injured would have been removed to hospitals quickly by rescue workers. The police would not keep those in need of medical care sitting at an accident site while they investigated. They would talk to them later, at the hospital. That would make this comment invalid:

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrowley View Post
As well as the elderly man and young man who were taken to the hospital, how long did they have to wait before even being taken?
I'm sure they didn't have to wait to be taken to hospital.

And multiple injuries WOULD take more time for more detailed reports. Hence the 8 hours of wait time.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I just expected things to be faster, maybe it's because I'm not from a huge city, so I'm not used to this. I apologize for being a grump grump yesterday.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page