St Paddie's Day - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

St Paddie's Day

Anyone have plans? I'm looking for a non-alc answer to green beer. Anyway,we have a supplement called the Metro Monthly that should list Irish cultural events happening in the area. And MAYBE I'll up a jar!

- For the benefit of non-Irish posters,he means he might have a single celebratory glass of Guiness. Don't worry,I'll switcheroo him a root beer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Cat

Welll, I was going to cook the traditional Irish dinner [without the carrots, tho. Just do NOT like overcooked carrots], with corned beef "Flat" brisket. Can't stand those way too fatty, cheap "Point" cuts that they always seem to serve in bars & restaurants.

I always substitute little whole onions in place of the carrots. Only cooked carrots I like are in Asian dishes where they are cooked el dente'.

I won't cook the dinner until monday 'cause my brother is insisting on taking my sis and I out for dinner on St. Pat's Day for our two March birthdays and sunday is out because she & I have other places to go.

I like to eat my corned beef with horseradish sauce, rather than plain 'ol horseradish as I deem it as way too overpowering to my tastebuds.

Gah! All this typing about food and now I'm starving!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Cat Addict

Most years someone is working/sick/tired and so my friends and I never go and locate green beer. One year we tried and failed. We didn't try very hard, we ended up at a pub and just stayed there. In all fairness we thought they'd have green beer, they had a huge selection.

This year is no different, a friend is busy, so we'll all likely do nothing. Often I just end up eating Irish food with my family... the side of my family that isn't Irish.

There's a birthday party later today though, maybe we'll combine the two... get some food dye and beer? Wear some stupid leprechaun green hats? Yes! I know we already have the hats, one of my friends bought a bunch and we were wearing them last weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Happy St Patricks Day,CF!

MAY THE ROAD RISE TO MEET YOU
MAY THE WIND BE EVER AT YOUR BACK
MAY THE SUN SHINE WARM UPON YOUR FACE
MAY THE RAINS FALL SOFT UPON YOUR FIELDS
AND UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN-MAY GOD HOLD YOU IN THE PALM OF HIS HAND

And as you slide down the banister of life,may the splinters never point the wrong way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page