New puppy nextdoor - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

New puppy nextdoor

So, my neighbours decided to get another dog. Not to replace the one they lost (Marley), but to start a new chapter.

this picture doesnt do her much justice. shes a shepherd lab. Came as "Angie". was going to be "Casey" then "Charlee (Charlotte full version)", then "Maddie" and now Cassie.

this pic was the first day when she was shy and kinda hiding.

This is Marley, i think a couple summers ago?

You cant tell, but they both have white on their feet, but hers is on her back feet more than front. i thought that was kinda cool.

Still miss Marley, and Max, even Tiela for that matter (our dog before Max), but nice to have a new distraction around. especially with summer coming. Boo was extra snuggley for a few days. I wonder if she could tell i was bummed out? Simba was kind of too. And actually, one of their cats, before we went to take Marley, was nuzzling up to me... at that point i was hopeful but very worried at the same time. I wonder if she could sense my fear? hmm.

I must sound like between the 2 houses its an absolute zoo lol.

This is Max with baby Simba (before Boo was around)

One of Baby Boo (just so shes not left out )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Banned

That's nice that they decided to open their hearts to another pet.
The sad side of pet ownership is that their life spans are so much shorter then our own, no matter how well we care for them they're still going to grow up and grow old before we do.
I've had to say good bye to many beloved pets in my life time and it doesn't get easier, in fact it actually hurts more the older I get to say good bye to these beloved furry friends.
That be said I wouldn't deny myself or them the love and the life we shared, so many wonderful times are not over shadow by a sad ending.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

If the whole time of a pets life was like their last moments i would never want it eitehr. but the good times do far outweigh the bad. overall it is worth it to own a pet. just so not easy at all when it comes to their last moments.

the only thing i have a hard time with is playing god. Like, how do we know that its not worth it anymore for them? Maybe we wouldnt want to live like that, but we never know if its worth it for them. because we have other things, but for them we are all they have, and they do still have us even when sick/old. Know what i mean? I mean the vets always say you did the right thing, but what would they say, 'i would have done this first'? i dont know, just really hard for me to think of that aspect. because they cant speak to us.

people (provided their mind is fully functional) can tell us if theyve had enough or not. animals cant. just hard to think of it that way.

had a hard time after max and even tiela too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page