Met my first actor! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Met my first actor!

We went to Calgary this past weekend and attended the Calgary Expo, basically it was a gathering of mostly comic related people with smattering of Sci-Fi type TV show actors. We had a pretty good time, the first day was a little gong show-ish due to a large number of people (like 50,000) all showing up at the same time.

The principle cast of Star Trek TNG was in attendance, Shaun and I had our photo taken with Patrick Stewart - that was neat, but I look stunned - I wasn't ready for the picture lol. If I ever get another opportunity I will be better prepared ha ha.

I got autographs from Amanda Tapping (Stargate SG1 & Sanctuary) and Adam Baldwin (Firefly/Serenity, Chuck). Both were amazing, friendly and wonderful - will do that again! My husband got autographs from Lance Hendrikson (Millenium, Alien), Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger), Christopher Heyerdahl (Stargate Atlantis, Supernatural, Sanctuary, Twilight - Eclipse & BD2). I tossed around getting his too, he was SUPER friendly and because he's relatively unknown his lines were short, but in the end Adam Baldwin got my money lol.

We had a wonderful time, this was my first experience with this type of crowd, I'm not an all out there geek - yeah I watch a few sci-fi tv shows, but not about to get all dressed up and all out there lol. Shaun wants to go to the San Diego Comic Con now (Lord help me....lol).

One funny thing that happened - there was a person dressed as Toothless from the movie How to Train Your Dragon and as we were walking by, I patted his head and told him he was cute and he jumped on me and started nuzzling my neck - almost like a cat. It was hysterical and the most memorable part lol. Yup I got snogged by a dragon ha ha ha.

Anyways, I got my geek on this weekend and had an absolute blast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Premier Cat

I. Am. So. JEALOUS!!
I'm seriously geeking out for you right now!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Cat Addict

Ah, that's AWESOME! What a great time!

(And add me to the jealous column!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

I have a serious crush on Adam Baldwin. He was the guest star on Castle last week (Nathan Fillion's new show), he was great (crazy, rogue cop).

Jealous!!!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
I have a serious crush on Adam Baldwin. He was the guest star on Castle last week (Nathan Fillion's new show), he was great (crazy, rogue cop).
You, too? I've never seen him play outside that broody, tough-guy type, but man... he's GOOD at it!

'Course, my single-minded adoration of Nathan Fillion made it hard to pay attention to the bad boy cop, but still. I noticed.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Cool Cat

cats&plants, how fun! sounds like you totally splurged on those pictures. my husband and i love star trek tng. he's a huge fan of tos, too, of course. but we have totally geeked out in the past and have been to at least 5 star trek conventions ourselves! never did any pics with any of them, but i did get to shake george takei's hand. he's so awesome.

love the whole firefly/serenity thing, too. adam baldwin is great. funny how i used to have this horrible image of him and be afraid of him because the FIRST time i saw in a movie was in "My Bodyguard." anyone remember that movie? actually i probably hated/feared Matt Dillon more in that move than Adam. ha ha!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Oh yeah, I'm a Castle/Nathan Fillion fan too - if he had been there I'd have been in heaven . He's actually from here, born and raised in Edmonton lol. His brother is a school principal here in town somewhere.

Adam's booth was next to Amanda Tapping's and I was humming and hawing on Saturday while in her line as to whether I wanted to get his or not... $40.... Later Shaun and I were in a separate line up for some comic book guy (no idea who it was lol) and I looked up and here comes Adam Baldwin walking towards me...I am so shy lol, I break eye contact and look away after smiling at him and of course - I miss it, but Shaun says he winked at me!!! OK - that was it, I had to get his autograph then. Sunday morning I am waiting in his line and when he finally got there he was talking to me while he set up his area and hooked up his little mini speaker for some music while he signed lol. I got tongue tied when I actually got my turn, what I wanted to say wouldn't come out so it was some stupid babble lol.

I am so not that person who gets all swoony for actors and famous people...apparently until they are smack dab in front of me and I actually have an opportunity to have an intelligent conversation with them and I go all brainless and dumb lol. Well, there will be a next time and it will be better ha ha ha!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie23 View Post
love the whole firefly/serenity thing, too. adam baldwin is great. funny how i used to have this horrible image of him and be afraid of him because the FIRST time i saw in a movie was in "My Bodyguard." anyone remember that movie? actually i probably hated/feared Matt Dillon more in that move than Adam. ha ha!
The first thing I remember ever seeing him in was a small part in Independence Day - I thought he was so dang good looking - he just struck me as a guy I would want on my side lol. Never really followed his stuff much until I met Shaun and we watched Firefly & Serenity and I was like hey - that's the guy from Independence Day lol. Shaun just rolled his eyes at me

He's 50 - I was completely surprised by that! I thought he was mid to late 30's (my age-ish)...oops lol.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Cool Cat

Oh my gosh. He's 50? Dang he looks so young and virile! Hee hee!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Cat

[QUOTE=
The principle cast of Star Trek TNG was in attendance, Shaun and I had our photo taken with Patrick Stewart -

I would have been jealous if you had taken a pic with the original Captain, William Shatner. He has always been my favorite Captain of the Enterprise. I guess I'm telling my age now

A cat can purr its way out of anything.- Donna McCrohan

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page