Would this be legal? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Would this be legal?

I bought a officially licensed pro baseball teams clothing item........an infant outfit. I put it on a teddy bear, and photographed it. I would like to use it for baby shower invites to sell locally.........is this legal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Premier Cat

To sell, I doubt it. It seems like it would violate some copy right law. Not positive though.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Cat

I agree with MowMow. I believe the license means it is exclusive to the company to which it is licensed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

That's pretty much what I thought, but can't hurt to check it out. Oh well.....on to the next picture!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

I'll ask at work tomorrow and let you know. In the meantime, can you give me the correct spelling of your full name?

For the lawsuit, you know.....

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 01:08 AM
Cat

Sounds cute though! perhaps you could do the same idea but just use the colors of the team instead of the actual logo? for example, the red wings--who are very near and dear to my heart-- have the colors of red and white, you could use a red onsie and add white buttons or other white embellishments to infer the team.
To be honest though, almost any craft show you go to has handmade items with logos and whatnot. If it's truly illegal, I don't know to what degree it is enforced.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
In the meantime, can you give me the correct spelling of your full name?

For the lawsuit, you know.....
C..o..l..

*Note to self.........think before you type!!!!!!*

Quote:
Sounds cute though! perhaps you could do the same idea but just use the colors of the team instead of the actual logo? for example, the red wings--who are very near and dear to my heart-- have the colors of red and white, you could use a red onsie and add white buttons or other white embellishments to infer the team.
I don't have the little bear anymore, I sent him off to a new home, as a gift for an adorable little baby boy........along with the outfit. But, I could always dress up one of the cats!! Wouldn't they just love that!!!

Quote:
To be honest though, almost any craft show you go to has handmade items with logos and whatnot. If it's truly illegal, I don't know to what degree it is enforced.
I know, right! Just take a look at Etsy once, and you will see loads of stuff like this there! I'm to chicken to step outside the lines though. My luck, I'd be the one to get caught.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByACat View Post
C..o..l..
Best laugh I've had in days!!!!!!!!!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I figured you would like that!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page