How's everyone's holiday? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

How's everyone's holiday?

It's 92 degrees in Y-town,lotsa birds,squirrels,ants and cookouts! Just got back from 1,Robin tagged along!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Premier Cat

Went and bought some tomato plants, and a few flowers at the local greenhouse this morning. Planted everything, and repotted a couple house plants. Got tired of the heat and humidity, so I came inside, and left hubby to finish. We grilled out yesterday, so had leftovers today. Then got a call from the step-daughter.......she just got engaged today! Very happy for her!!

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful day.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

71 degrees here, going to a cookout/party later on.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Cat Addict

Hubby and son slept in. I went to the Memorial Day event for veterans at the cemetery, met up with lots of people I knew from Jamie's Boy Scout Troop. There were hundreds of flags everywhere, fluttering the breeze, plus very moving speeches, applause, pomp and ceremony - it was special. I took a fabulous bouquet in red-white-and-blue for my dad (who was a Korean War vet): deep scarlet red and white lilies, red marguerites, white daisies, some kind of tall deep purple-blue flower (foxgloves?) plus huge billowy matilija poppies from our garden . It was gorgeous, and I know my dad would have been quite pleased, especially with the native California poppies which he loved.

Hubby is off playing music now with some friends, Jamie went on a bike ride with his camera, and I am on the deck reading books in the sun.

Fran
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Cool Cat

I added tiers to some textgrids/.aiffs and then ran a Praat script to switch the vowel pitch out with ones that conform to a tone language. 1080 times.

Now I'm listening to them and trying to flag the ones that are too auto-tuney.

It is not a holiday here. >:[
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Spent most of the day dealing with Jake's (the new dog) ticks and fleas. Fortunately I haven't given him run of the house yet, so the impact wasn't too wide spread...but still a pain in the butt.

On a positive note, the 3 cats spent all day yesterday upstairs, but this morning they all ventured down and hung around acting mostly pretty normal. Then Holly was walking by Jake's crate, he let out a little woof and she took off in a panic.

So nothing special today...just working to integrate to the new kid...

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page