I'm back..... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I'm back.....

I do believe in the past I was murried2, but it's been so long since I've been here that I've forgotten who I used to be. My real name is Amanda. It was back in 2004 and I used to be a mod before I went through my divorce and lost my computer in it.

I still have Sayonara and Snickers. Sheba passed away in 2010. I also have a 9 month old kitten, Victoria. I met her a week after she was born and fell in love instantly. There's actually a very interesting story behind her, but it's too long to tell here.

I feed a colony of ferals in my apartment complex. With the help of a local rescue group, I trapped and neutered about 20 cats. If it hadn't been for them paying for the surgeries, I never would have been able to do it. All they asked of me was to pay for vaccinations, and it still wound up costing me several hundred dollars. My neighbors constantly complained about all the cats and kittens, however not one of them volunteered to help me trap them or to help with the expense of the vaccinations.

I remember Marie73, Doodlebug, and a few others. Although I've been gone for quite a while, I lurk daily but just now felt the need to start posting again.

I'm looking forward to getting to know those of you who are new since I've been here last and to reacquaint myself with those of you who may remember me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Premier Cat

Welcome back!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
I think I remember you. I joined Cat Forum in September 2005, but I was known as my3kitties. Were you still posting then? Either way, welcome back.

----------
Renée
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome back!

So sorry about Sheba.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Tom Cat

Hi...and I am one of the more recent ones here. I found the site after my CC passed away in the end of March, this year. Very nice of you to take on the job of caring for the ferals around your apt complex......and as you stated, you don't get much help from others but still you move on...

I'm trying to find the time to post pics of my cats. I have described them in threads but want to learn more about sites like this and photo posting etc. took one class on Picassa and I am checking out flickr on Yahoo but I just don't have much time to research etc. finally getting some albums posted on Facebook tho so that is progress.

Computers, cell phones, cars that talk to you...........just not part of my world yet....but trying to get with it.

Good luck to you and I'll watch for your posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I remember you my4kitties. I didn't stop posting until 2006, which is when my ex took the laptop that he purchased before we had gotten married.

Marie....I'm so sorry about Cinderella. I've been lurking for a few years before I rejoined and read your tribute to her.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome back.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you, Amanda.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
At the time, I just had the three cats--Midnight and her sons, Star and Lucky. We added Smokey in December 2009. When I took him in to be neutered, the vet called me and told me that he tested positive for both FeLV and FIV. She wanted to know if I wanted to have him put down then. I said no because Smokey was just under a year old and as far as I was concerned, he still had a lot of life left. Anyway, he stayed with us for about 2 months, then I had to put him in foster care because we were worried that he would infect our original three kitties. He was in foster care from February 2010 to July 2010 when I was able to bring him back after we got the original three vaccinated against FeLV. He lived for another 6 months when he became severely anemic and lost his appetite. We brought him to the vet on January 14, 2011 where he was given a shot of B12 and Epogen. It perked him up briefly, but he went into cardiac arrest later that evening. We rushed him to the emergency vet, but he was too far gone, so I made the gut-wrenching decision to have him euthanized. He would have been 3 years old on March 22, 2012.

We now have Momo, who we think is Smokey's much younger sister. She's the spitting image of Smokey. Momo has been with us since April 24, 2011 when we took her in at 5 months of age. She was 7 weeks pregnant and we had her spayed and the kittens aborted. Normally, I would have let Momo have her kittens, but she was so tiny that if she had given birth, she would have more than likely died. She is now almost 18 months old and has the cutest "mew" you've ever heard. I'll have to get her on video doing it. She makes my heart melt when she does it.

----------
Renée
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome back Amanda!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page