Nutsy - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Nutsy

I've read a few posts on the effects fireworks have on animals and it reminds me how I got my wonderful dog,Nutsy!

On the 4th of July,'83 A cocker spaniel came staggering up Hazelwood,dehydrated,matted fur,and needing a bath. Well I thought I'd take her in,but Lady's owner-my friend Rocky- came and took her home. It seems he and a friend had been lighting off firecrackers the day before,Lady had been hiding under a bush,and the boys-all unknowing -set 1 off too near her. The blast scared her,and the concussion had some effect because she couldn't find her way home.

Well,we'd scheduled an appointment with a groomer and dad went to cancel it. It turned out the groomer who operated out of her home had 1 last little puppy out of a litter. A Manchy-Schnauzer mix!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

When I 1st met Nutsy I fell right in love. She hadn't even grown into her ears yet! She was black with a white cross on her chest,2 brown spots above her eyes and at the time,downy fuzz in her ears! She was walking on little fawn legs here there and everywhere! The groomer said 'You're a NUTSY little pup,aren't you?'
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

It was a terrible event,that worked out-and led to something wonderful!

Seems I left out part of the story.

We took Lady in,She was worn out and thirsty from her ordeal. My mother put down an orange stoneware dish of water, and she just lap-lap-lapped for 5 minutes. A car drove by at 1 point, and she barked and wagged her tail! I went and bought her some dog food,and began to ask if anyone had lost a female cocker spaniel. Well. That same car drove up the driveway,Rocco got out,and Lady ran right to him! It was a joyous reunion. But I was pretty down.

THEN we called to cancel the grooming appointment,THEN we got Nutsy. And she bumped into a dandelion,and fell down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page