Anyone play video games? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Anyone play video games?

Well? Anyone love vidya?

Steam's Summer Sale dropped today. WHOO HOOOO!

A friend of mine just gifted me Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition. It's been on my wishlist for ages and I'm super stoked about it. (The 12GB download is taking forevvvverrrr though, aaagh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Premier Cat

I played World of Warcraft from launch until last year. I still log on occasionally, but meh.

I have a lifetime sub to LoTRO but haven't been on that in at least 6 months.

I have a group of level 50 toons on Rift, but haven't logged in for weeks.

Kind of getting over gaming......they are all the same nowadays.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I've never really gotten into MMOs. When WoW started the up to level 20 free-to-play, I downloaded it to finally try it. I think I made it to level 3 before I got bored.

My partner loves Team Fortress 2. He's got almost 600 hours on it. I tried it a few times but I get intimidated when people shout at me online so I stopped.

I just don't get the appeal of MMOs, or even Multiplayer. Give me a good story and interesting mechanics so I can get lost and forget about other people, is what I like. But to each their own.

I've been playing "The Binding of Isaac" like mad for the last 6 months, though. I've almost clocked it, but I'm still missing a few items and I haven't unlocked the last ending yet.

I'm not allowed to play it when school's in session.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Jr. Cat

Yes I game, just not a lot sadly,

I usually go back and forth between computer and xbox.. my all time computer favorite is Half Life series, and I, like many am waiting for the story to continue..

On the X-Box its usually FPS type games. Loved Mass Effect series, didn't get the ending, hoping the download content will solve that..

I did the whole online gaming thing back in the 90s with text based role playing games.. so the whole MMO thing doesn't hook me at all.. At this point, being older, I really don't feel like dealing with teenagers egos in online gaming.. so I usually stay single player.

I have used and like Steam it serves the whole online delivery thing very well..

Umm.. that's about it.. I don't get to play alot with other commitments but in reality I haven't seen many games that have been worthy of the time and money investment.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Jr. Cat

I do! I'm mostly an RPG fan - I"ve been working my way slowly but surely through Skyrim. I have to stop frequently, though, because I live alone and some of the dungeons are a bit too atmospheric late at night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page