Had an animal communicator come over! :) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Had an animal communicator come over! :)

We did it! We had the animal communicator whom I have been reading about for so long come over last week for a session! So exciting and very very interesting!

She was expensive (don't tell Hubby ) but I was feeling like there was so much I wanted Gracie to know about etc.: big family changes such as my dad's passing, Hubby's brother's passing (mid-July, very sad end to a tragic life) and Jamie moving away for college; plans for the first time to leave Gracie by herself over-night; questions about her bad experience with the vaccinations; pooping on the rug in the entryway; nail trimming battles.

I was not disappointed in the communicator's skills and her rapport with animals. We let Gracie say what she wanted, to start with, and then covered all the topics I had in mind and then some. In a nutshell, Gracie asked to be allowed out on the deck with us; chose who she wanted to 'house sit' while we are away; agreed to try a leash since she wants to go for walks and travel with us later to see Jamie in college; understood that pooping in the entryway when her tummy or butt hurts spoils the 'feng shui' of the home, (I promised to find her a rug of her own when she needs to communicate that); agreed to try to calm herself better when I trim her nails so that she doesn't try to bite me anymore; and told us about her experience with her vaccinations ('seeing like a kaleidoscope, back pain, whole body cramps, wasn't sure she was going to make it - tell the doctor not to do that to any more cats'), and told us her front paws hurt or go numb sometimes now. She also peppered the conversation with lots of observations about each family member, as though she was very proud to be asked and was eager to show that she knew a lot. (During the whole session she sat bolt upright like an Egyptian statue with the most intense look on her face, and she did this huge-eyed s-l-o-w blink sometimes which I have never seen before.)

I was not expecting one aspect of the conversation ~ Gracie relayed messages from my dad and from Gary's brother. The communicator explained that it is a common ocurrence; her exact words were that "the veil gets very thin, and they come around, but since they know that you didn't hire me to talk to them, they talk to the animal, and the animal relays the messages." Gracie relayed a humorous remark from my dad that was spot-on, as well as some other comments that made me understand that my dad is in a good place, and so is my brother-in-law. [I have to say that this solved a huge mystery for me - do you have to believe in a spirit realm to get there, or is it open to you whether you believe or not? It seems that the spirit realm is the 'default setting', so to speak - I now believe that everyone goes there no matter what they believed in life.]

So far, we have made good on all of the promises we made to Gracie! She has been coming out on the deck with us (she blinks us and checks in with headbutts every few minutes); she's learned to tolerate the harness and leash in about four days; today we took her to visit grandpa at the cemetery (because she went once in the carrier and told us she wanted to get out and walk there) where she got to sit on the grass in the shade with harness but no leash for about forty-five minutes while we sat in the sun nearby; nail trimming is better ; and she hasn't pooped in the front hall since our conversation. Yea! I did buy her a tiny one-foot-by-one-foot Chinese cut pile rug of her very own (I found a cheap one at the antique store, kind of dirty but the real thing nonetheless).

We also had a lady come over who does chiropractic treatments for animals (as well as working as a vet tech), that was a little hard since Gracie didn't want to be touched but she did get an infra-sound treatment and we will try again next week now that Gracie has met her once.

The whole experience was ground-breaking. It feels like we've taken our relationship with Gracie to another level, deeper trust and give-and-take, but she has to do some 'growing up' in order to have the experiences she wants. Same for our son, actually - since he's heading out to new adventures too. And I suppose the same applies to Hubby and to me, now that the older generation is starting to pass on - it's our turn to grow up, but at least we know that we're not alone, we've got loved ones on the other side who are watching out for us!

Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, Fran, I'm so glad you're happy with the results. (You've never left her overnight before?)

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Cat Addict

This was an amazing post, Fran, thank you.
Some might think it's a stretch to believe in your story, but I did.
I was thinking about what my cats might have to say if they had a chance. I've always thought I was in tune with them pretty well, but clearly, being cats, they have ideas/feelings they don't express.

I'm sure you look at Gracie in a new light, but do you feel she is now less of a pet and more of an equal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Senior Cat

Really amazing report, thank you for sharing it.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Premier Cat

Thank you for sharing.....fantastic. Yes I believe in animal communication. Some people are naturally gifted and sounds like you got a good one. Took a preliminary course in it one time and it was quite fascinating, but I don't think I'm one of those "gifted" ones, but strangely I did connect with a photo of the instructor's turtle who communicated she was upset to have boy's name and that she was a girl, and didn't like where she had been moved. Before she had been near a window and enjoyed seeing out of it and sunbathing. Later, instructor old me she had become despondent and was hiding away and not eating much, and that she really didn't know the sex of her turtle.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Jr. Cat

Fantastic! I've always been curious about animal communicators, any advice on where to look for a reputable one?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Premier Cat

This sounds like it was an extraordinary experience for all of you. The most interesting to me is that she wants to go to the cemetery with you.

I have always wanted to be able to talk to Molly to see why she is so skittish and to let her know that I am not trying to be mean when I give her breathing treatments.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

It truly was an amazing experience. The communicator encouraged us to record it, so I did. I've listened to the whole thing carefully several times.

Gary admitted later that he was skeptical so he lurked in the kitchen, or would go downstairs and come back up - but he has been interested in what she said (via me) and we all have seen changes in Gracie's attitude and reactions.

Marie - we got Gracie right after Gary lost his job, so sad to say, we haven't been able to afford any real travel all together in the last five years! We've each been away for short jaunts, especially Jamie whom we sent on all his Boy Scout travels - but someone has always had to stay home to watch the pets and such.

Greenport ferals - I have to say that since my coming to this Forum and learning so much about cats, my sense of Gracie as an independent thinking and feeling being worthy of respect ( a 'tabletop tiger') has really grown. Yes, now I really see her as a full family member - especially since she seemed to be so proud of us and her role in our family. (Actually, I am even a bit more respectful of our little betta fish and greet them more kindly now...)

catloverami - wow! Cool story! Makes me sad for the turtle...

NJ Groomer - I guess the way to choose someone is read up, watch them in action and trust your feelings. This woman writes that she mostly receives pictures in her mind, and then visualizes messages as she shares them back. What she said reminded me of what Temple Grandin does and it seemed to ring true. (When I was talking to her with my questions for Gracie, I consciously did the same thing in my mind.)

I also just liked her in person when I watched her work at a rabbit adoption event last year. She was a little shy, and humble, and very kind. She did not seem like she was trying to prove herself or boost herself up at all. All of them reacted to her very well. I don't think I would have trusted her if I had felt any ego or arrogance in her at all.

Leazie - yes, I was surprised at her interest in the cemetery, but it is truly is lovely there - quiet and green, with beautiful trees, a sweeping view of the town and mountains, lots of birds, and flowers everywhere at all the sites. Perhaps it is also the fact that Gracie usually just gets to see to vets' offices and parking lots and such. Or maybe she felt my connection to my dad? (Interestingly, in the little local online newspaper I read where I originally saw a British Shorthair and wanted one - yesterday's Cat of the Week was named 'India', the same name as the cat my dad had when he was a teenager. A rare name and a nice coincidence since we had just taken Gracie to her visit to the cemetery!)

Fran

Last edited by Fran; 08-12-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: grammar
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Premier Cat

What an interesting story! There was an animal communicator on another forum I was on, and I always found the stories interesting there as well. Someone would have their animals read, and share the experience with the rest of us. It's neat to hear what the animals have to say.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know, sometimes what Cleo says in Cat sounds bad enough, not sure I want it translated to English.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page