Snakes!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Snakes!!

A while ago, I was sitting at my computer and in came Muffs carrying something in her mouth. I looked and was horrified to discover it was a snake, although it wasn’t very big…about 8 inches in length and about a quarter inch in diameter. She deposited the darn thing at my feet! Fortunately, the snake didn’t like me anymore than I liked it, and it immediately went underneath the coffee table. Well, now what to do?

I went into the kitchen and looked about. What do I have that could be used to catch a snake? Aha…Salad spoons! So, I got the salad spoons and a Tupperware container and waited for the snake to emerge from underneath the coffee table, which it eventually did. I grabbed it with the salad spoons, plopped it in the container and then threw it outside. Quite satisfied with myself, I sat back down at my computer.

No more than five minutes later, along came Muffs…with another snake! I screamed. She dropped the snake and ran. Where on earth are all these snakes coming from? I can’t imagine the same snake managed to make its way back into the house so quickly. So, again with the salad spoons, although this snake (or the same snake, now wiser) grabbed onto the salad spoons and wouldn’t let go. So, I threw the snake along with the salad spoons outside, lock, stock and barrel. I hope that is the end of snakes. I do declare I’m going to be dreaming about snakes. I HATE snakes. And I now need to buy new salad spoons…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Cat

LMAO!
And that is why Joy will remain an indoor CAT!!! Even at this young age she is showing quite the hunting skills... lord knows what she would catch!!! Thanks for the laugh Susan
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

But this WAS indoors...that's what is giving me the heebee-jeebees...lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Cat

Ok, Yah... creepy!!! At least you have a great snake hunter on your hands
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

I would be freaking out big time!!!!!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Cool Cat

Ohmygosh. I am terrified of snakes and spiders. I would have grabbed the cat and hid in the bathtub.

I'm such a little girl when it comes to these things.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Well, no dreams about snakes last night, or none that I remember. Still, I couldn't stop myself from checking under the bed and inside the sheets before I got into bed last night, making sure the coast was clear.

I went on google last night and determined this was a Northern Ring-Neck snake, not poisoness and allegedly harmless. Still, I just don't like the thought of snakes. I was also not happy to read that they tend to live in groups. Yikes! I think I will call the pest control people today.

I know my mother will laugh when I tell her about this today. When I was a young girl, many years ago, my brother and I used to go to a local park to hunt for snakes...and we would bring them home, much to my poor mother's horror. She will say justice has now been served!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Premier Cat

What goes around, comes around!! LOL!!

I hate snakes too though! Did they come from the basement?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Tom Cat

"Way to go Muffs"! I wish we had her with us on "snake patrol" back in War Zone C, in 1966, when they would fall out of the trees on our tanks!

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Geri: I believe they did come from the basement, although I've yet to figure out where, and 95% of my basement is finished. After disposing of the second snake last night, I went to see where Muffs was. I found her in the basement, calmly sitting in the middle of the rec room, with no snakes in sight (thankfully). So, the source remains a mystery to me.

Goldtanker: In 1966, you could have used my brother and me, since that was when we were catching snakes and terrifying our poor mother!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page