VIPRE Security... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Cat

VIPRE Security...

Does anyone have this as your antivirus-security on your computer. I want to get one when my Norton account runs out. You only have to buy this Vipre one time and you never have to pay each year as with most. It cost $90.00 on HSN yesterday and the only reason I didn't buy it is because I have a lot of time left with my Norton subscription and don't want to waste that money.

Just wondered if anyone has it already, it seems like a good deal. Of course in stores the cost would be higher than HSN, seriously thinking about getting it tho.

Autumn mostly sleeps in the 'heaving spot' or the 'napping quarters'

A cat can purr its way out of anything.- Donna McCrohan

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Banned

There's plenty of absolutely free software out that is MUCH better.

I have AdAware, Spybot S&D and Windows Essential Security. All excellent.

No software is 100% reliable but those have protected my computers with no problems.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Cat Addict

it's up to you how you want to spend your money, but an IT friend of mine told me it's absolutely ridiculous, that you can get every bit as good, free online. AVG is good, and so is AVAST, which is what i've used since 2005 and i've never had a problem.

the people who develop the majority of the computer viruses are the ones who sell anti-virus software.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderflower View Post
it's up to you how you want to spend your money, but an IT friend of mine told me it's absolutely ridiculous, that you can get every bit as good, free online. AVG is good, and so is AVAST, which is what i've used since 2005 and i've never had a problem.

the people who develop the majority of the computer viruses are the ones who sell anti-virus software.
Someone else mentioned these same two products and I will look into them when my Norton subscription is almost filled. Thank you.

A cat can purr its way out of anything.- Donna McCrohan

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Cool Cat

I don't use any antivirus because I have a mac and the risk is minimal for me.

I do install Microsoft Security Essentials on computers that I repair though. It works well and it's free. If you want to pay, I would go with Kaspersky.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderflower View Post

nice try hacker

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Cool Cat

I use eset on my main computer. Funnily enough, that was the banner a right above this reply box

It works well but sometimes gets snotty with other software. It's expensive, too, but the university pays for it so hooray.

(I also use adblock+noscript on my main computer )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page