My blackberry is on its last leg... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

My blackberry is on its last leg...

Looking for a new phone. A droid, but not the iphone. I use Boost Mobile and I'm spoiled to having a $45 phone bill for unlimited everything. They don't offer the iphone. I'd like to stay with them and I'd like to have an android phone, mainly because of the screen size and internet capability. I liked going online with my blackberry but it won't connect to the internet anymore, my keys stick and make texting an impossible task, it's just time for a new phone.

I'm looking at the HTC Evo Design 4G. Anyone have this phone? I have read a lot of reviews and some are good, some are bad, just like with anything. Another phone I'm considering because of its price and waterproof feature is the Kyocera Hydro. Any experience with either?

I don't do gaming, music downloads or watch videos with my phone besides the very occasional youtube video. Usually that's my kids showing me something they think is funny on youtube and I'm like huh? LOL. I know some of these phones get bad reviews in the battery life area, but I may not have that issue. Mostly I text, and browse the internet but not like 24/7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Cool Cat

If you actually want an iPhone, Boost Mobile is supposed to start offering them this month.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Premier Cat

The problem my sister has without a keyboard is using a tap screen method is she keeps hitting the wrong keys. She bought a stylist but I watch her and it takes her forever to text or write anything. I looked at the phone you mentioned and wondered if it would take getting use to for you to switch to the tap screen method?

I have a droid from Verizon with a pull out key board so I can type quickly rather than using a stylist or getting use to where to hit on the keyboard to get the right letter. I have longer nails so most phone wont recognize its been hit unless its with the pad of my finger. So I love my Droid Motorola. My son has the droid Samsung with pull out keyboard and loves his. He can type like a bandit on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I think Boost has a droid with a slider keyboard, I'll have to look back and see which one it is. I have thought about that, too. When I got the blackberry a few years ago I chose it over a touch screen phone for that very reason. My husband has an iphone (his work pays for it) and I have used it and don't really have a problem like I thought I would.

Hmmm, I didn't know boost was going to be offering an iphone. I saw that they are coming out with the Samsung Galaxy S II (I think)> I played with this phone at Sam's club and liked it, but it's more expensive than the EVO, haven't heard mention of the iphone. I'll check into it. I wasn't aware they could, because they have to have service through AT&T, right?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Cool Cat

Boost Mobile uses Sprint's network. Verizon and Sprint now offer iPhones. Apple has been making GSM/CDMA phones since the 4S.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Premier Cat

My sister and all the rest of my family have iPhones. They love them. Their provider is AT&T and it is cheaper than my droid on Verizon. AT&T doesnt work well here in AZ but my Verizon does much better but it costs about $20 more for the same texing, talking and internet.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I just don't know if I have to have an iphone, I'm not really hung up on it, I like the functionality of it but if I can get the same or similar with another brand I really don't care. I am familiar with the iphone because my husband has one, his brother has another droid and it works fine too (don't remember which one). Like I said I probably won't be using a lot of apps, so is it a waste for me to have top of the line? If the Kyocera does everything I need it to for half the price then that would be fine with me. My main concern is battery life, my hubby's iphone lasts just fine, I don't want something that will need to be charged every 2 hours but I don't really think I will have that problem, because I don't do all kinds of stuff with it. But on the other hand before I bought the blackberry I bought a $70 Motorolla phone from Boost (not a droid or anything) and took it back because it wouldn't stay charged more than a couple of hours and kept dropping calls... I didn't even have internet on it! I don't want to end up with another piece of junk but I don't want to pay for more than what I need either. However, I am willing to pay more if that's what it takes to get a phone that will hold charge all day. My blackberry worked awesome for me but it's just worn out now.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Senior Cat

I have the HTC Evo 4G LTE and love it
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I really think I am leaning towards the HTC. It is more money up front but if it's better quality then okay, whatever. i'm frugal and I hate to pay that for a phone but....

We will see what I decide. LOL! I'll let you all know.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Banned

If you go for an HTC, be aware that you won't be paying a 30% "name" tax.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page