Got my driving license! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thumbs up Got my driving license!

At nearly 30 I finally got it!!! My hubby has been teaching me this year, finance/survival got in the way previously. I think the driver test guy took pity on me, and was about my age! It was honestly the worse I've ever driven I was soooo sooo nervous. Even after passing, my nerves wouldn't calm. Now I can't be excited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Premier Cat

Congrats! Good job! Better late, than not at all!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Cat

Congrats!!! I didn't get my license right at 16, either. I was too anxious to even take driver's ed until I was 17, and didn't get my license until I was 19. I felt stupid telling my friends I couldn't drive, but everyone is different, and driving is serious business! Be proud!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Cat Addict

Congratulations! I bet it's really freeing...

I don't have my license yet either and I'm getting closer to 30 than 20. We have some of the strictest driving laws here, though. At least three years worth of restrictions like for the first year you can't drive without a 10+ year experience licensed driver, and only one person - them - can be in the cat with you. If you pass your first driving test, after that for at least two years you can only have a max of one passanger, can't drive from 1-5 am and a bunch of other stuff. Then you need to pass a real drivers test. Problem is, there's no where to practise, either. Plus you can't just drive any car, the car needs to be insured for inexperienced drivers which is WAY more expensive and no one I know has it. Plus, driving school (15 hours of instructions) is 500 dollars plus 12% tax. Very discouraging... there's more than a few people I know without a license, it's not that embarrassing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Yikes! Glad I don't live up your way!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Senior Cat

Congrats! Pretty sure my Behind the Wheel instructor hated me... she chewed me out for NOT running over a squirrel. She still ultimately passed me, even though I flubbed the parking portion of my test, but it was not a good experience.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Cat

minikin, my instructor told us to go ahead & hit animals, too. I believe his exact quote was "Trees don't bounce, deer do." Which is true when unavoidable, but the times that little creatures have run in front of my car, I've quickly checked the other lane(s) to make sure I can swerve, and have yet to damage my car or any animals
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel View Post
can be in the cat with you.
... My phone typos make me laugh, reminds me of recently when a friend typed something like 'I'm getting in the cat and making my way over to you' ... the imagery...

Anyway, yes... heh, good thing you don't live here, driving instructors to pass the two tests are harsh from what I've heard. Once I went as far as getting my learner's license (took the written test - which you must get at least 90% on I believe, a lot of people fail that the first time too, haha) but with no car there's no way I'm gonna learn, and the learner's license expires after two years.

The annoying thing is there are a lot of terrible drives around here; there's been more than one story in the news over the years of driving instructors/schools being paid off. So all the strict rules accomplish is getting really bad drivers to bribe people. Yay.

So I'm way off topic I guess. Enjoy driving! It'll get less stressful with time~!

Along with the dogs
and

Last edited by Carmel; 09-25-2012 at 09:57 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Cool Cat

I passed the written test my first time but failed the driving test miserably. And I do mean miserably. I didn't even get to finish. I passed it the second time a couple weeks later without issue. I remember being so excited to get my drivers license.

Now I'd rather get someone to drive me.

Congratulations on passing. I hope you enjoy driving. I know I was stressed out about the tests too.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I can't believe some of you were encouraged to hit animals. that's just wrong...and crazy! Looking back at the test (thankfully passing), the whole thing was just comical. I hardly did anything right! I think he "liked" me lol! Grateful and humored! Scottd..I'm not sure I will ever prefer to be the one driving! Having a little freedom will be nice though. taking hubby's car in the am, while my gf comes over from out of town
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page