everyone on the east coast ok? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

everyone on the east coast ok?

My father in NJ, a few miles west of NYC, reported no power outage earlier this evening, but lower Manhattan is getting slammed. We have ridiculous wind here in south/west/central Va, but that's it. So far, we still have power.

Hope everyone's making it through ok!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 03:47 AM
Premier Cat

Stay safe everybody!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 06:22 AM
Premier Cat

We are in the best part of West Virginia- we have cold and rain, but no snow. My mother is on Long Island and doing ok (I may not have direct contact with her, be still worry about her).

It is 6 am and as I watch the news it seems like many places are waiting for the sun to come up to see how much damage has been done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Premier Cat

It's heart breaking watching the news this morning, and seeing all the destruction. Prayers going out for everyone that was in Sandy's path.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Tom Cat

We're okay so far in upstate NY.

Just had plenty of snuggle time last night during the wind and rain.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Premier Cat

My family is all in Central New Jersey. Cousins on the coast lost everything. House, belongings, cars.... all of it.

I talked to mom (inland) and she said that she was loosing shingles off her roof and some siding off her house but otherwise was ok. My brothers who live within a few miles from her both lost power.

This morning however I'm getting a bit worried. I've called her and no answer (no machine kicking off either). I figure it's a power out so I tried her cell. No answer there either. I tried BOTH brothers and haven't gotten an answer from them either.

A FB friend told me that her AT&T work phone was dead. No service at all but her Verizon one worked. My family all uses Sprint so perhaps their service is just out for now.

Hope all your friends/family are safe!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Lost power at the house at about 9:30 last night. Still out as of a half hour ago. Lost two screens on the porch (the ones that are protected by a shrub and have never blown out so I didn't take them down...figures).

Lost power at the store but it came back on during the night. Have a couple roof leaks, one of which has water coming through a light fixture. So I can't turn on the lights at the front half of the store, but it's not a huge problem. Waiting for the landlord to send someone to fix it.

Just took Jake for a walk and it looks like the sky is clearing and the sun is peeking out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Premier Cat

Krissy, I'm so sorry for your cousins. How terrible! Hope you can connect with your mom soon.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Cat

I hope everyone is ok! I'm lucky we still have power here in my part of Brooklyn. I know things went a lot worse for others...
I'm so sorry to hear, MowMow and doodlebug. I hope things look up soon..
here's to hoping everyone is safe and sound, and that things are restored to normal as soon as possible..

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Premier Cat

Talk to mom a little bit ago. My brother wouldn't let her stay alone in her house so he drove over and picked her up. She said that it ripped all the sheet metal off the roof of the stables and pole barns. We have a large metal hay building. The winds actually picked UP the roof and moved it. It's now sitting cockeyed. It tore some shingles off her roof, some siding off her house and a lot of trim off one side.

It also took down about 50 acres of flight pens (we raise ringneck pheasants). Lots of birds lose so they'll be herding those up for the next few weeks and the local red tailed hawks will be well fed......

Everyone is safe though, that's the important thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page