What should i do? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

What should i do?

Last month my friend told me on facebook that she has a christmas present for me. So i said okay. cool. So christmas came and went. I still did not get the gift from her.

So i asked what happened to the gift. She said shes been really sick and had to stay in bed.

Its been 3 weeks now. It seems like my friend is feeling better. By her fb posts..shes been out and about and hanging with her friends.

My question is...now that shes feeling better...should i continue to ask her about my belated christmas present? or should i just forget about it?

I cant go to her apartment b/c she lives really far from me. She has to mail it out to me.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Forget it. Even though she shouldn't have told you she had something for you if she wasn't going to send it, hounding her about it is would be rude. Did you send her something?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 01:31 AM
Tom Cat

continue on as if you had never heard about a present......why dwell on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Cat Addict

So... I don't get it. Do you never see this person in real life? The only way I might bring this up would be: hey want to meet up and exchange gifts?

If you don't have anything for her, forget about it. If you did give her something... well, Christmas is about giving, not receiving.

Maybe shipping is too much of a hassle for her, or it's too large (expensive) to ship.

Once I didn't give a friend her Christmas gift until her birthday. In June. Whenever we met in the times between the locations weren't appropriate for giving her a gift, and occasionally I'd forget. Marked by one occasion where the car was towed with the gift in the back. Good times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
and
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator

Yup, while it's kind of strange for her to mention it and drop it, it would be a little tacky to bring it up.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 05:32 AM
Premier Cat

Drop it. She either ate the gift (assuming it wasn't a kitten or cat!), gave it away or is unwilling to part with it for whatever reason. From here on treat her promises with a grain of skeptism. I would NOT bring it up again.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Banned

Forget it. Its not worth bringing up.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Premier Cat

I agree, forget it. You don't have an entitlement to a gift, so it's not something you would bring up again.

Holly and Murphy
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I didnt get her a gift. I did send her a card though.

Last summer,she went to a horse expo and i asked her if she could get me an autograph from a famous horse trainer..she said sure. I never saw that autograph. So maybe the xmas gift is the autograph? idk...

I do not see this person in real life. I used to ride horses with her at the same barn..but she moved up north . So i only see her online. Fb chat.

I am kinda sad though..if you say you have a gift for that person..then give it to them. just dont say it and not give it to them.. oh well.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Tom Cat

Just drop it - especially if you didn't get her anything.

Sure, it's rude to say you have a gift then not give it, but its also juvenile to pursue it.

I always pick up a couple of extra gifts around Christmas time for "unexpected" exchanges. Usually it's a soap/lotion basket or gourmet pasta basket that I pick up on sale then attach an ornament that I bought after Christmas the year before. Makes a great gift for a coworker or acquaintance that might surprise you.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page