An uncle's concern - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

An uncle's concern

I'm concerned about my niece. The one who rescued Marissa,5 german shepherd pups and others. She's 21. Know's what she wants out of life. But... Sometimes...

She's SENSIBLE,and NONSENSICAL, if that makes any sense.

She's like Johnny Cash's Roseanna-going wild!

Tattoos.

Piercings.

A boyfriend whom I think just isn't qiute RIGHT for her. (Her daddy'd love to fling him via wormhole to Andromeda)

She'll be O.K.,I'm sure. But uncle Kurt's CONCERNED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Premier Cat

I think that the best thing you can do is tell her that you will always be there for her and that you love her. She will make mistakes in life, I can guarantee that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Jr. Cat

I have a sister who is seven years younger than me who I feel the same way about at times. It was great seeing my mom's face when my sister came home from college and showed Mom her new tongue ring. ha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 12:50 AM
Tom Cat

Uncle Kurt, I can relate. I am Aunty Rachel and my niece is almost 17. I worry about her day and night. She's a typical teenager, full of angst and hormones. All you can do is be her friend and help guide her and be there to pick up the pieces when things fall apart.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 01:52 AM
Cat Addict

you're concerned the dark side is going to claim her? (kidding--a friend got free radio give-away tickets to beautiful creatures so i went last night.)

i wouldn't be overly concerned about the tattoos and piercings. they're so much more mainstream now than they were in the 90's. i rarely see a person under 30 without a visible tattoo (or several) or face/body piercing. ditto with pink hair. thank you nicki minaj lol. seriously though, people under 30 are the only ones who look good with that stuff. they should automatically have them sanded off and closed up on that birthday.

as far as the boyfriend, well, that's just going to happen regardless. pretend like you and her father really like him and she'll lose interest. almost no one can pick well when they're 17 (or however old you said) so hopefully they just learn from their mistakes.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks for the input! I think the key is recognition for the GOOD STUFF she does. And she does a lot of good stuff. btw,she HAS had purple hair! It looked natural on her...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Cat Addict

you mean natural like kelly osborne? LOL. i can't believe someone so young wants grey hair (or grayish-purple) but it's her hair. (kelly's)

i really, really, really hate that putting colored swatches of red or blue or pink in with light blonde hair like chrisina aguilera does. i know she's not all that old but she could look so much classier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page