Here comes the Blizzard of '13 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Here comes the Blizzard of '13

Everyone in New England ready? I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope we don't lose power!!!!!

So how do I get Jake to go outside to pee in the middle of a blizzard? I'll bring home some pee pads tonight, but I have no idea if he'll use them. Any suggestions? This is the first big storm since I've had him and while he likes snow after the storm he doesn't like to go out while it's stormy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Cat

We have salt and Rocky and Lily have enough food, sadly cannot say the same for us, but do not want to brave Market Basket today. I also do not want to lose power, but one time we had power but no cable/internet for days so that was pretty bad too xD. Blame the clownfish! (Nemo...). I am already not going to school tomorrow if it is held since going all the way to Salem is just not happening. It is Rocky and Lily's first real storm

Rocky born April 29th, 2011, Lily born June 5th, 2011, and
Henry born October 10, 2013 (all estimates
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
R.I.P Baxter August 21st, 1998-November 1st, 2011.
Barnaby July ?, 1998-January 15th, 2012
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Tom Cat

Here comes the Blizzard of '13

I don't know but I'm in the bullseye zone for this storm. I've seen estimates ranging from 24 to 32 inches of snow here.

I couldn't imagine dealing with a puppy/dog in weather like they're predicting. I'm much too young to have been around for the Blizzard of '78, but I've heard all the stories and I'm getting pretty worried.

To top it all off, my boss hasn't called off work for tomorrow yet! I'm not supposed to get out until nighttime when it's as its worst.

I hope everyone stays safe, keeps warm, and keeps power!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Premier Cat

I feel for ya'll! We are going to get 2" of rain instead of snow which is fine with me! Stay safe, stock up on cat food and stay warm!!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Tom Cat

We're getting 18-24 inches of snow here. I get to shovel all day tomorrow and Saturday. Yay.

At least I'm escaping to Florida Tuesday.

"Dogs have Masters. Cats have staff." - Unknown

post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Tom Cat

I do not envy you all!

Sunny and 57 here in LA right now at 10:51am. I am from Indiana, and lived there my whole life until August, so I know how you feel!

I have lost of family on the East coast! Stay safe and warm!

post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Cool Cat

More than the amount of snow, I'm dreading the commute to work tomorrow because of all the people who seem to forget how to drive whenever it snows!

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8thd View Post
More than the amount of snow, I'm dreading the commute to work tomorrow because of all the people who seem to forget how to drive whenever it snows!
seriously! if you live in an area that has weather like we do, you have no excuse!

i'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to commute to work. everything else is closed already (schools, doctors, community centers), i keep refreshing my work website. if i go in, i'm going to be petrified of driving home. If i don't go in, i get a warning to my file.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8thd View Post
The amount of people I see fishtailing every where never ceases to amaze me. Seriously people, get some snow tires. You live in New England! There's going to be snow!

The only thing about the storm that I'm mad about is things are closed/canceled. No getting started on volunteering for me before I leave. :/

"Dogs have Masters. Cats have staff." - Unknown

post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Cool Cat

I'm actually still at work because I can see the 401, 404, and DVP from my office windows and the traffic has been bumper to bumper since 3:30pm. I get to work at about 7:30 - 8:00, so we're going on 11 and a half hours. I would like to go home sometime tonight, though I suppose it would solve my morning commute problems if I were to just sleep here.

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page