Jeanie - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Jeanie

On the home page when I open this forum, there is a line that says who has the most posts and it says that record belongs to a member named Jeanie.

The most I had seen in my very short time here were Marie and Doodlebug (28,000+ and 18,000+ respectively) but I had never seen a post from this Jeannie.

So I went to her page and looked at her most recent posts and saw the last from her daughter-in-law sadly saying that Jeannie had passed away. The following thread was an amazing testament to this person who had touched so many people and had apparently been a great imparter of wisdom. Even the people who readily admitted they had disagreed with her opinions showed great respect for her as a person.

And it made me think what an odd little world we have where we can be so touched and influenced by people we have never met, and may not even know what they look like. And then I thought, this is a very good thing.

Perhaps I'm in a melancholy mood. I had to work today in the place of an employee of mine who, in the last 18 months, has buried his father, step-father, grandfather, and today was at the funeral of his step-mother. Or the very sad thread on here started by a person who had lost a cat to cancer and in the very same week had another end-stage diagnosis for another cat.

But bad things happen. And what looking up Jeanie helped me realize is that, in spite of bad things, there are people in our lives every day who we can help and who help us. Most of us rely on our close friends and family for support, but who's to say a stranger in a chat room can't have a prominent positive effect?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge

Last edited by marie73; 03-30-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Premier Cat

What a touching tribute to someone we have most likely never met! It was very thoughtful of you to bring this wonderful woman's name up. I'm too new to have been the recipient of Jeanie's vast wealth of knowledge, but I'm sure she made a difference in many cat lover's lives. I had noticed lately that I've spent alot of time this winter here getting and giving advice, as do dozens of others. Some day I will fade away and I hope someone will say, "ya know? that advice Marcia gave about my cat really stuck with me". Thanks for posting this, and thanks to Jeanie's memory for helping us help others!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

When I lost Cinderella, Jeanne called me at home several times to check on me and see how I was doing. A friend of mine here at CF sent pictures of my kitties to an artist, who did a portrait so I'd always have a picture of all my girls together (it's my avatar right now). I wasn't working, and I emptied my bank account trying to diagnose and save my little girl. I received a gift card, flowers and other thoughtful things (like a warming pad because Cinderella's belly was shaved) from people here at CF. So much more sympathy and understanding than my friends here in San Diego, and even my family.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Premier Cat

Jeanie was a wonderful, wonderful spirit and I still miss her.

There have been several people on the CF who have touched my soul deeply, and I appreciate them very much. In some very dark days the CF seemed like my only touch with reality.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Cat Addict

Nebraska Cat, thank you for bringing up Jeanie's name. She was a special person who meant so much to this forum.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Senior Cat

Well I’m fairly new and never heard of Jeanie, but I think it was nice for her daughter-in-law to at least let everybody know what happened. I have noticed some people who are very active in a forum just suddenly disappear and nobody even asks where they are.

I’m not a big poster, but I have made a few friends over the years in other forums and I often wonder if my family would think to at least tell someone what happened to me.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 05:22 AM
Cat Addict

I miss Jeanie and think of her often.

-steve

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Cat Addict

Jeff, you might think you haven't benefited from Jeanie's advice, but I can tell you for sure that that's not the case. Jeanie was a wonderful influence on this forum, and she helped a lot of us with kitty issues...and we pass on her advice every time we post.

Personally I also try to channel the peace and understanding that Jeanie brought to the forum when I am having a bad day and tempted to rip into someone who is new and doesn't know that what they are doing/posting is inflammatory or counter to my beliefs.

I, also, always stop to look at the highest post count most time when I log in and take a second to remind myself of the support and gentle guidance that she offered to me when I was new to the forum.

Thanks for bringing her up.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Premier Cat

She was so smart and funny...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page