The Oscars!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

The Oscars!!!

What did you think? The Life Of Pi won quite a few.

hi points:
.Jack Nicholson

.Michelle Obama

.At least the kid was nominated! Don't worry,I have a feeling this isn't your last!

.Meryl

.50 years of Bond!

I saw Skyfall,and Django,both great movies!. I haven't seen Lincoln or Argo yet,so I guess I'm missing out!

Did you see the tiger on GMA,I hear he and Jack Nicholson have a project in the works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Cat Addict

This year I went out of my way to try watching everything up for a nomination. I've seen The Life of Pi, Lincoln, Les Miserables, Django Unchained, Flight, Argo, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Silver Linings Playbook, Zero Dark Thirty, The Impossible, The Sessions, Brave, Wreck-It Ralph, Anna Karenina, Skyfall, Mirror Mirror, Snow White and the Huntsman, The Hobbit, Moonrisie Kingdom.

Like usual just about everything that won I didn't think should win. Brave wasn't as good as Wreck-It Ralph, Argo was terrible due to being purely fictitious and trying to pass off as fact. If you're going to do something based on a true story, don't slander counties that were involved for the simple purpose of making America seem like the heroes; just go make up a story, passing that off as based on anything is an utter disgrace. Actually just about everything wasn't that fantastic. Lincoln and Les Mis I turned off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Winning and Oscar, or even being nominated, is the trigger for me to NOT watch a movie. I always hate anything deemed Oscar worthy.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Cat Addict

I agree... out of all those movies I listed the only ones I found even half decent were Flight, The Impossible, Silver Linings Playbook (typical Hollywood), Skyfall, Snow White and the Huntsman, The Hobbit (probably one of the more entertaining movies this year), Django Unchained, The Life of Pi and Beasts of the Southern Wild (which was so unlike my way of life that I think it should've won best picture). Bave and Wreck-It Ralph were good for animations. Argo I thought was ok, but not best picture material, especially after realizing how it essentially insults several counties.

The rest I'm not even sure what they are doing there. I didn't find them entertaining.

Along with the dogs
and
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Low point - Catherine Zeta-Jones - she needs to take lip-syncing lessons from Beyonce.

High point - Scarlett Johansson's voice is beautiful! Who knew she could sing like that?

Ummmmm, did Meryl have a wedgie?

One of the funniest moments of the evening is when all three producers of Argo went up on stage and the guy standing between Affleck and Clooney (Grant Heslov) said, "I know what you’re thinking: The three sexiest producers alive."

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Last edited by marie73; 02-25-2013 at 03:55 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I was just up on ETonline. George Clooney joked that he doesn't mind being called King Of The Oscars as long as he gets a sash and tiara!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 01:22 AM
Premier Cat

I'm not a movie person, but I just saw that Daniel Day-Lewis won for best actor. I haven't seen "Lincoln," but I think he's one of the best actors ever - and one of the best-looking (I need a swooning smiley here). I first saw him in this quirky little independent film called "My beautiful laundrette" and then in "My Left Foot." LOVE him.

I heard excellent things about "Les Mis" and am really curious to see it, given that I teach classes on the book...

And...I haven't heard of any of the other movies.

If you had to recommend one, which one would it be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page