Bee products? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Bee products?

My friend Norm is into herbs,vitamins,and alternative medicine. He has been gushing about bee products-royal jelly ,honey,beeswax ,propolis,etc.

He DOES have a lot of energyand he's pretty healthy. So what do they do,exactly? I'm thinking of getting a supply of royal jelly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Cat Addict

I'm a great supporter of bee products. I make my own herbal remedies and use beeswax as the base for a lot of salves. Unless it is related to diabetis, honey ointment is amazing for ulcers.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Cool! In the tradition of another famous Welshman,Brother Caedfael!

Beeswax also makes a good chapstick,or chapped lips preventative.

Do you grow your own catnip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Cat Addict

Yep! And all sorts - my family have been traditional herbalists for centuries (although I am now illegal).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemilk View Post
He DOES have a lot of energyand he's pretty healthy. So what do they do,exactly? I'm thinking of getting a supply of royal jelly!
Actually, that mostly has A LOT to do with a persons state of mind, if they dig some ayurvedic medicin and crap like that it may help them in that sense that it'll make them feel good, because they THINK that they do something good for themselves, though by the fact that i called it crap i laid out plain what i think of alternative medicine; water ain't got no memory! As long it doesn't harm (keeps them from seeing a doctor for example) it's fine i'd say.

BUT: I'm a great friend of bee products, we used honey for thousands of years for basically everything, bees wax is a wonderful alternative to regular candles, it smells and looks just a lot nicer, and it's generally rather useful stuff. Einstein once said that when the bees die, people would die, and they really are ESSENTIAL to our lives, though we may not always recognize that, i'm not familiar with royal jelly though, it's to expensive for me and my doctor said i should cut down on the sweets.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

This reminds me...I just saw an episode on TLC of "My Strange Addiction" and this lady was addicted to giving herself bee stings like 15 times a day....It was so weird!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page