Goodby Mr. Leno - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Goodby Mr. Leno

As most of you know by now Jay Leno is leaving The Tonight Show, his last night is Feb. 6th. I am a huge fan of Leno's and have watched him every night for many years. I will miss him like crazy. Is anyone else a fan??

A cat can purr its way out of anything.- Donna McCrohan

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Kitten

I am a huge fan of Jay's. I am so sad he is leaving. I wonder what he will do now? just retire and play with his cars?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by neocacher View Post
I am a huge fan of Jay's. I am so sad he is leaving. I wonder what he will do now? just retire and play with his cars?
From what he has said, he will continue to do his stand-up comedy in clubs. He was on Ellen this week, it was weird to see him being interviewed rather than being the interviewer.

I wonder if he will ever be a guest on David Letterman, that would be something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Senior Cat

He was on Craig Ferguson a few times. I liked Leno and I'm sad to see him go, but I admit I prefer Ferguson over them all. Can't stand Jimmy Fallon.

Sent from Petguide.com App

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Premier Cat

His career isn't over, yet. Look for him to come back, if not on network, then definitely cable.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 10:40 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
He was on Craig Ferguson a few times. I liked Leno and I'm sad to see him go, but I admit I prefer Ferguson over them all. Can't stand Jimmy Fallon.

Sent from Petguide.com App
What annoys me most about Fallon are those stupid games he insists on playing nightly..........Ugh. I do like his sidekick, Higgins, tho.

judy

"Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?"
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Fallon and Timberlake - epic! I got tired of Jay Leno's show several years ago, I watch Jimmy Kimmel.

Jay Leno has never spent one dime of his Tonight Show money. He's set for several lifetimes. He's a very good guy and his wife, Mavis, is quite amazing.

Quote:
Mavis Leno, Chair, Feminist Majority’s Campaign for Afghan Women and Girls
Mavis Nicholson Leno is the Chair of the Feminist Majority Foundation’s Campaign for Afghan Women and Girls. Leno joined the Board of Directors of the Feminist Majority Foundation in 1997 after playing an active role in the effort to defeat Proposition 209, the anti-affirmative action initiative on the 1996 California ballot.

Leno assumed her role as Chair of the Campaign to Stop Gender Apartheid in Afghanistan in 1997, less than one year after the Taliban’s brutal treatment of women began. She testified and made numerous television and public appearances to urge the United States and the United Nations not to recognize the Taliban regime and to restore women’s human rights in Afghanistan. Her involvement in the Feminist Majority’s Campaign was also instrumental in ending the energy company UNOCAL’s efforts to construct an oil pipeline across Afghanistan that would have supplied the Taliban with over $100 million and dramatically increased their control in the region.

She is currently a leader in the effort to make the restoration of women’s rights a non-negotiable element of a post-Taliban Afghanistan, and has been at the forefront of insuring that the plight of Afghan women is included in the world’s reporting of the war in Afghanistan and that the women and girls of Afghanistan are not forgotten. In 2002, the FMF’s Campaign for Afghan Women and Children was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Cat

[QUOTE=marie73;1678450]Fallon and Timberlake - epic!

I never liked Kimmel, he has knocked Leno constantly, I guess he is just jealous. I never watched his show since I've been a huge fan of Jay's. Kimmel will never have the great career that Jay has had and will continue to have.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

I've never heard him say anything about Jay. Letterman, on the other hand......

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Jr. Cat

Jay Leno was a great host on the Tonight Show and is active in other pursuits. He's automotive enthusiast and maintains a very impressive collection of antique and modern cars. Jay has a series called Jay Leno's Garage that can be viewed on YouTube. He is an authority on cars and can explain in detail all the attributes and history of each vehicle in his vast collection. I enjoy his car show more than the Tonight Show, and Jay has no plans to end the Garage series any time soon.

Snickers, Socks & Tommy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page