Cat Forum Confession - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Cat Forum Confession

Alright people, I have a confession.

This is something I do, not entirely consciously, but I do it and I end up feeling bad.

Whenever a thread is really serious, or has serious health concerns I tend to avoid them. Regardless of the illness if someone has a seriously ill pet I just can't bring myself to post or even read them (some days). I find myself only posting on a thread I've followed for weeks once it's resolved...

The reason this bugs me about myself is because there are so many members who DO take the time to post even quick notes of support, or to give great solid advice...and when my pets are sick I find myself posting here right away and the level of support I get back is amazing.

Yet I can't always find it in myself to reciprocate.

I'm particularly bad about the whole rainbow bridge forum. I avoid it like the plague. I've read through a few posts before, but I always find myself wondering what I would write if I lost one of my kitties...and I just can't think about that without imagining myself in that position.

So, to all of you who do offer support to members in difficult positions, or who post on each and ever Rainbow Bridge thread (I know a few of you do), you have my complete admiration.

I can't promise I'll be active in the Rainbow Bridge area, but I can promise I'll make more of an effort to write notes of support for people who's pets are ill or who are going through something serious. I have been reading more of them, and you have my (sometimes silent) hopes and prayers with you...but I'll make an effort to be more vocal about them. I know how much that support can mean when you really need it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Premier Cat

You don't have to feel guilty at all. At times I have found myself in your same situation, especially when I am going through a rough time and don't feel I can handle any more sadness or pain. There are some wonderful angels that are here for us no matter what. I also admire them, they are awesome and make this site so caring and unique. You hang in there. I think you have been an asset to this forum. I have seen how helpful and caring you have been.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Cat Addict

I worry that I don't say the right thing or that I lecture somehow. I cry every time I read a story on Rainbow Bridge so I understand. Luckily this is a large forum and there is room for all of us to answer what we please. I think it was very sensitive that you thought of this and expressed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 04:26 PM
Premier Cat

Becky,
I'm sure a lot of us can understand where you're coming from...
I've learned in my life, that "Support" offered at a time, when it is so badly needed...is Truly a Gift...and in my case, I always just want to pass it on...

The Rainbow Bridge thread, is hard...
But I know how much I would have appreciated the support, when I lost five of my cats within a years time...
And tho' my hubby kind of understood, he really didn't get the depth of my devastation...
So I try and offer my understanding and support, where I can...

I also feel that we all have different Gifts...
And you are a huge part of this forum with your advice on kitty and doggie behaviors!
You always give well thought out advice that makes sense!

Your advice is valuable!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Premier Cat

Becky, I do the same thing. I avoid the Rainbow Bridge thread like the PLAGUE. IT makes me think too much on the mortality of my own boys and that's something I try to not even consider.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10cats2dogs View Post
Becky,
And you are a huge part of this forum with your advice on kitty and doggie behaviors!
And also with nutrition, especially advice and support for raw feeding. You really go above and beyond in those threads.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

I used to think what I said to others on the Rainbow Bridge was lame, but when I lost Cinderella, I appreciated every single post, because it really is the thought that counts. I still can't read Cinderella's without crying, and it's mostly because of the kindness that was shown to me.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Premier Cat

I know reading and offering empathy in the Rainbow Bridge section is extremely hard; I really don't know (and never will know) if I would have managed or done it before Mocha passed away. I can tell you that having posted about her in the Bridge and having that time to work through the worst of my grief in a supportive area REALLY helped. I don't know if anyone who ever posted in there will ever know the tremendous extent they did help! I also know that it is hard to read about others' losses and not cry with them and for your beloved fur-baby who has passed....and I would never begrudge anyone for not posting in there. It is hard... This is a *safe* forum...people post where they are comfortable.

I read many posts of really sick pets and cannot bring myself to post. I remember the pain I went through with Mocha and don't feel qualified to help. I also read the ones about baby kittens being born and my heart still cannot let me post. We all do what we can to support others and as a community, I think everyone gets the support and advice they need.

...Always in my heart... Mocha....Nov. 13, 2002 - Dec. 6, 2013
.... Slave to Bengal Cats....Luna, Mystik, Simba, Komet, Meli,
Spark
, and Star
.....and a collection of kittens at various times.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 10:38 PM
Cat Addict

In the short time I have been a member here I have come to have great respect for the advice you give and your info has helped me with my intro. I have also really started to be much more focused on my cats nutrition due to your info there
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thanks for the understanding folks. It's part of why I keep coming back, lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page