Here it is...the 20,000 Post! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Here it is...the 20,000 Post!

I know some of you have been watching for it, but I've intentionally been limiting my posts because I knew today also marked 8 years since I joined the forum. Figured it was fitting to make a "milestone" post on an anniversary date.

As I look back at the last 8 years, I have to be honest and say they have probably been the worst 8 years of my life. I lost 2 jobs, 2 cats and both parents. Other than the cats, I didn't talk about the jobs very much and the parents not all. That's because this place has been my place of refuge...the place to get away from the problems of real life. Where I could escape and talk about cute kitties and other silly things and maybe help out a cat with a problem.

I found this forum when Callie was sick with IBD, I knew nothing about cat nutrition back then. I learned so much from the people here and, even though I lost Callie just a few months later, I continued researching and learning. I found that I liked helping people solve their problems with their cats. If it wasn't for this forum, when I lost the second job, I never would have decided to open a pet food store. Never would have had the confidence that I could advise people on the best foods for their pets. So this forum has played a huge part in my life.

Things haven't been all bad...Holly and Jake both came into my life. Holly is my heart kitty. I never would believe I could love a cat as much as I do her. And I guess this forum is also indirectly responsible for me having Jake. I always wanted a dog, but held jobs that had long hours and felt it wouldn't be fair to leave a dog on his own that much. By opening the store it gave me a perfect opportunity to finally get my dog. Jake brought my father so much joy during his illness (he had a brain tumor), I think he lived for that dog the last few months. In fact his last words to me were "take my Jakey for a walk".

So, on this "momentous occasion" I just wanted to say that I really appreciate this forum and the people here. It's a comfortable and warm place to come, especially when I need to escape.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Premier Cat

Doodlebug Congrats on your 8 year anniversary here and 20,000 post!

It sounds like the road was hard for you...But you traveled it...
I am sorry about what you endured and can only hope you had some good friends to lean on at times...

We are VERY lucky to have you here, you have a wealth of knowledge and wisdom, that you so willingly share with all of us!
Thank You Doodlebug!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Premier Cat

A big congratulations and an even bigger thank you, not just for moderating, but for the advice (and the laughs too!) you give everyone.

I had no idea you went through so much. That's a lot of loss to deal with, and the fact that you had the courage to start your own business is amazing.

Here's to many more happy years with Holly and Jake!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 11:23 PM
Premier Cat

That is pretty awesome, 20,000 posts! Thank you so much for all the time and advice you give in this community.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 11:44 PM
Premier Cat

Doodlebug! Congratulations!

Eight years and 20,000 posts on the cat forum is something to be extremely proud of! If no one has yet said you're amazing, you are!! I'm very pleased you're one of the mods here, because you contribute so much, especially when it comes to the "health & nutrition" section. As a new member, I seriously hope you're around for another 8 years and maybe another 20,000 posts, but also wishing you a much easier and happier times from here forward!

May you continue to find shelter here at the CF while guiding us and newcomers alike with your wealth of knowledge! Once again, Happy 8th Anniversary & 20,000 posts!! Woohoo!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 01:34 AM
Tom Cat

As a very new member I don't really know anyone yet. However, you have helped me already with my feeding questions, so thank you!

Mom to Abby & Gizmo
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 06:25 AM
Premier Cat

What a sweet way to celebrate your milestone!! I don't know what I'd do without this forum and I appreciate all the moderators and the way they keep it clean and informative!! This has been my therapeutic Go To page for the past couple years and I appreciate you and all the staff here, as well as all the contributors, new as well as seasoned!!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 08:24 AM
Senior Cat

Happy 20,000th post!

Caretaker of two black cats

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Cool Cat

Congrats and yay
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10cats2dogs View Post
It sounds like the road was hard for you...But you traveled it...
I am sorry about what you endured and can only hope you had some good friends to lean on at times...
One of the positives from everything I've been through is that I found out just how wonderful some of my friends are. People I thought of as acquaintances turned out to be huge supporters. And one person who should have been there was completely absent, but then I pretty knew what she was about all along.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page