Essential Oils Deal - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Essential Oils Deal

I don't usually post things like this, but on the off-chance I can help out my CF friends...I thought I would.

My favorite essential oil company is offering free shipping today. IME they have great service, and lots of info on the website. I'm not huge into EOs, I'm buying my first non-trial-size bottles today, but I like this company.

Native American Nutritionals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Premier Cat

I saw this on the happy thread. I *LOVE* the smell of eucalyptus, but I worry about smelling the house up with it in case it's not good for the boys.

ANy idea of EOs are safe for cats (by inhalation, i'd never let them ingest them or get it on their fur).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I did some poking around the interwebs and found some info for you:

Essential Oils For Pets | Dogs Naturally Magazine

http://www.naha.org/assets/uploads/A...afety_NAHA.pdf

A good list of oils to avoid - that I'll be summarizing and pinning to my fridge:
Essential Oils That Are NOT SAFE for Cats | Anarres Natural Health

Essential Oils Dangers | Articulate Animals Blog, Kelly Krueger, Animal Communicator

I think, since I'll be using them in a diffuser and very gently even then (due to my asthma being sensitive), it'll be safe. A lot of the concerns seems to be about applying oils directly to the cat, or them licking it off of you. I'll avoid doing that, and I think it'll be ok.

I also only ordered peppermint, lemon, a citrus mix, and a clove-lime mix - nothing on the toxic list. (Yes, I saw peppermint was on the list, but as a threat if they eat it - which won't be happening)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Premier Cat

I use them at work. I dip the tip of a qtip in the bottle and dab the oil on the paddles of the little fan on my desk. Then when I turn it on it stinks up my cube. But it's not overpowering.

At home I use incense, I put it up on top of my kick boxing dummy and the boys don't climb that (they probably COULD climb it like a tree if they tried, but I've discouraged that). That's where I'd put the diffuser.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Cat

I use peppermint and lavender. The lavender really helps the dogs. I just put one dab on their collars and they seem to just chill out. It helps a lot for anxiety, such as those pesky critters that kept ringing the doorbell and demanding candy on Fri lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Tom Cat

I like essential oils a lot as a way to perfume my environments. I like to stimulate all of my senses, and olfaction is no exception! I used to put a little dab here and there on my clothes or bed sheets before I got Jasper. Now I generally stick to incense burning in a kitty inaccessible area. Same idea, less lingering scent, but also better for him. I have a whole host of EOs that aren't good for kitties that I'll probably end up giving to one of my hippy friends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page