Seasonal blues? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Seasonal blues?

Does anyone get sad or depressed, as it gets closer to winter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

I'll let you know if it ever gets out of the 80's!! grrrrrr

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cooler weather and shorter days, so no - no "winter" issues here.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Premier Cat

I love the dreary dark rain. I compensate with Vitamin D.

If it's actually SaD then you can get special lights to help with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
I love the dreary dark rain.
Same here, LOVE the overcast cool days. That weather annoys the spoiled native San Diegans, but I'm in heaven.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Cat Addict

I don't get depressed or anything, but I have little to no energy in the winter. I have to really force myself to do anything and I can easily sleep over 12h a day.

I'm getting a lamp this year...all my christmas/birthday money will be going towards a lamp so I can get a good one, but I might get a tiny desk-top one to tide me over until late Dec. I'm already SO sluggish in the mornings, and have much less energy.

Keeping in mind that this has really hit me this week - now that the sun sets before 6pm It's barely up anyways, we've been so overcast.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Cool Cat

I always feel better in the summer. I take vitamin D and use a Phillips Go Lite in the fall and winter.
I bought the Go Lite on Amazon. It's not too expensive and it does seem to help.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Cool Cat

I love dreary, cloudy weather... but I hate when it gets dark at 5PM. That's the big thing that depresses me! I would say I get a little more sad in the wintertime due to that...

I'm usually more of an indoors person as it is, so being inside doesn't bug me... but the early darkness definitely does. It makes me lazy and just want to stay inside and not go anywhere haha.

But there is nothing better than cuddling inside on a cold, cloudy, snowy day drinking a warm coffee or hot chocolate and just relaxing. The cloudiness is serenity for me. I love a nice sunny day every now and then, but definitely prefer cloudy weather.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Cat Addict

It is not cold here but I agree I miss the longer light in the days. I usually find myself fighting off some melancholy.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I love the change of seasons, falling leaves, snow, rain. But I find I have less energy and just feel blue. A Go Lite is a full-spectrum light, right? Putting Vitamin D on my shopping list...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Cool Cat

I definitely agree, bluemilk! I definitely feel like I have much less energy and motivation. In the summertime, even if I got off of work late or had a lot to do, it was still warm and bright out at 7-9PM... so the days just felt so much longer and everyone was still wanting to go out and do things. Now, it's dark at 5PM and it feels like the day is over lol. The winter blues haven't fully set in for me, but I know they will...

This Ohio weather doesn't make it any better... always yo-yoing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page