Thanksgiving - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanksgiving

What are your plans for Thanksgiving this year?

My family is coming to my house and we gonna have a nice big feast.. I cant wait!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Premier Cat

Let's see, it will be the usual Thanksgiving for me this year I think. I'll make all my favorites which are a turkey breast, green been casserole (not the soup can kind, a real one), mashed potatoes, candied yams.

Eat until I wish I was dead. Sleep until I feel better. Repeat until I can't stand the sight of food or the food runs out, whichever comes first.

Then I'll eat pie.

After all that I'll probably fast for a few days because the sight of food will make me sick.....

Yup, typical Thanksgiving for me.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Cat Addict

I will cook whatever strikes my fancy and everyone will eat it and be happy. I have 2 turkeys in the freezer and 6 people, 4 dogs and 3 cats (hopefully) eating.. I am sure I have enough.. maybe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 10:50 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Not sure what the plans will be this year. Last year, we all gathered at my sister's house for the first time in what we had hoped to be a new family tradition. Before that, I had fixed Thanksgiving dinner for my four kids and my ex-husband. This year...not too sure. My dad has been having health issues off and on since April and seems to end up in the hospital every 2-3 weeks. We're all hoping and praying that he'll stay out of the hospital over the holidays and well into the new year.

----------
Renée
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Cool Cat

My family always has Thanksgiving at my moms with all of the delicious, usual Thanksgiving foods. We have both sides of the family over so it's a full house!

Sadly this year, I have to be at work at 5pm. So we're having a Thanksgiving lunch and then I'll be off to work Black Friday all night.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 02:08 AM
Cat

My Thanksgiving will be kinda sad really.. I'm not going home, so I"ll just do some schoolwork, maybe some laundry and maybe have a bit of a thanksgiving gathering with the other students I know who aren't going home.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Senior Cat

My wife and I will probably be going to my daughter’s house although I wish it were at our house. We have a much bigger home with lots of table space plus I loved the smells of thanksgiving dinner throughout the house.

Before the kids grew up, my wife would cook a huge turkey in the oven and I would be on the patio deep frying two or three more turkeys. We not only had all our family and friends but some of the neighbors as well. It usually was an all-day event except for my mother-in-law who was a nurse and always had to work the evening shift.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Cat

Family os too far away, so we will be spending Thanksgiving day with friends instead.

I have also planned our family's first annual Anti-Black Friday. After working in retail for 6 years I want no part of the shopping craziness.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Spending the day with my "second family"...my parents best friends, who are like an aunt and uncle to me, and the rest of their family (we consider ourselves "cousins").

I'm on the hook for some sort of decadent dessert.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 02:12 PM
Jr. Cat

I'm spending the day with my grandparents and aunts and uncles (dad's side). We always have a big meal and then lots of laying around complaining that we all ate too much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page