The Complaining Thread - 2015 - Page 53 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #521 of 526 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Premier Cat

WOW Zach! You're doing GREAT!!
DO NOT Beat yourself up! That's a heavy class load! AND...Yes, it's normal to have a class you struggle in! There are 'Achilles heals' in everything you take on!
You'll be better in some areas, and maybe, not so good in others, this is the nature of all of our learning curves!!
That's a TON of stuff, to take in!
Be kind to yourself!
(((HUGS)))!!!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #522 of 526 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 02:05 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
Ooh, that's a lot of work! Is this normal for you?

I'm like that, too. From the time I stop working (at home) to the time I get into bed is at least 2 hours. We're looking at about 5:30. But I don't need to be up until 9.
Well, not normal regularly but fairly normal for the holiday season. Nothing like retail and the awful shift times! Haha. We had to put our *spring* (spring... we put shorts out... in December) merchandise out Tuesday night which is why we were there so late. Then had to be back bright and early to update our forms (mannequins) to match. Luckily I survived with only two cups of coffee!

Yes, I'm the same way! I have to have a few hours to unwind, get into my PJs, and just let my mind relax. I can't just come home and go straight to bed unless I am completely sleep deprived!
post #523 of 526 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 02:10 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariah Atteberry View Post
I guess I am asking... is it common to struggle in at least one class? It makes me feel down that I perhaps did not do as well as I should.
Yes, yes and yes! I considered myself to be a good student (mostly A's, some B's in college) until I took Anatomy & Physiology for the first time. Even with immense studying I BARELY got a C the first time and was mortified! My school has an intense curriculum for the class and even my professors admitted that more students failed or dropped than passed (you have to have a C or better to pass). As the weeks went on, the students dwindled down further and further (dropped the class), by the end we had 9. I had a friend who was a natural whiz at A&P, it came easy to her and she aced it the first time. Me... not so much! I just couldn't seem to wrap my mind around certain things no matter how hard I studied and what studying techniques I used. But there have been other classes in college that others found difficult and I did well in with normal effort since it came easier to me.

Long story short, everyone learns differently and everyone has certain things that come natural, and those that don't. Your score shows that you REALLY kicked butt studying and that it was just a difficult topic. Definitely don't let that get you down! That is a huge adjustment and will be challenging curriculum like all health-related fields, but veterinary medicine seems to be some of the toughest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #524 of 526 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

OMG...just had a woman in the store testing the squeaker on every freakin' dog toy! Shoot me now! Please!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #525 of 526 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 05:17 PM
Premier Cat

My contract was to end on January 12th. On Tuesday morning my boss came in to tell m they furloughed ALL contract employees from tomorrow to the 11th. He gave me the choice of hanging on and working those last two days or ending my contract on Friday.

So I had to do in 3 days what I THOUGHT I had almost 3 weeks to do. Then he came in Thursday to let me know he wouldn't be there Friday so I THAT day would be my last.

I was pretty bummed, three of the guys were already on Christmas Vacation so I didnt even get to say goodbye to them in prson. Just a text.
post #526 of 526 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Retail at Christmas...so much fun!

A few days ago a woman was in looking at a dog bed...a crate mat that was $27.99. The conversation:

Her: Is there a sale price on this bed.
Me: No, the beds aren't on sale.
Her: Oh that's too bad. My dog had a bed but she puked on it and I threw it away. This one is so expensive, I only paid $7.99 for the other one at Marshall's (pronouced it Mar Shalls with a haughty tone). I'll have to talk to my husband about it.

Buys a few cans of food and leaves.

Today:

Comes to the register with the bed and some canned food.

Her: Is this bed on sale?
Me: No it's not.
Her: Oh well I guess I'll have to pay full price for it. Can I return it if it doesn't fit in the crate?
Me: Yes, as long as the tags are still on it and it's in new condition.
Her: OK, I'll have to see what my husband thinks.

Makes her purchase and goes out to her car...that's when I notice that she's driving a late model BMW! Seriously, she's nickel and diming the bed and she drives a Beemer. Go figure.

Guarantee the bed comes back with the excuse that the husband didn't approve.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in