The Happy Thread - 2015 - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Premier Cat

4 of my kittens adopted this week: Stevey, Sally, Sparky and Will all adopted. Only 2 left from this original batch and they will go quickly as they are adorable, too. Then I have a break for awhile (I think) until Momma and my four 4 week old J batch are ready!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Premier Cat

My cats are in AWE of my mother. They all thought they were expert nappers but she makes them seem like amateurs. Every afternoon like clockwork at 4:00 she crashes on the couch and snores loud enough to attract a city full of walkers.

MowMow just stares at her in wonder(with a touch of annoyance because she steals his favorite afternoon nap spot), Book can't wait to climb onto her blanket and snooze with her. He waits on the back of the couch and when she's settled she calls him. He hops right onto her and zong, they are both asleep. Neelix pouts and cries because I lock him up (or he'll climb all over her while she's trying to sleep).

I also learned I'm VERY lax with Neelix. I'm so used to guarding my food and watching him every second I guess I never took the time to teach him NOT to jump on the table and steal food (or the counter, or the desk, or the coffee table for that matter). I yell at him and he just stares at me like I've grown an extra head. When my MOM yells though..... she scares the poops out of him (not literally). This morning he tried to snag her Nazook from her plate and when she yelled he ran straight into the spare room and behind the chair. I found him peeking out an while later. He wouldn't come out until SHE called him and told him it was OK.

For the most part he isn't afraid of her, he loves her pets and gives her nose kisses now but MAN when she yells he jumps!! If Book didn't worship her before then when she yelled Neelix today it tipped him over into worship and adoration. His eyes got big and he went to sit next to her on the chair like "Wow, you're pure win lady!" He's been gazing at her in adoration ever since.
post #13 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 07:51 AM
Premier Cat

Awww, MowMow, the boys have a role model who loves liverwurst, takes power naps with style and commands authority! What's not to love?? She is like the best grandma in the world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Cat Addict

Krissy,
Oh how I wish I could be there to witness your teeny mom boom out her reprimands to Neelix and watch your other two's reaction, lol. Sounds like Neelix is learning a thing or two from your mom! And here I thought cats would have difficulty understanding things from humans, lol.
post #15 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowmow View Post
every afternoon like clockwork at 4:00 she crashes on the couch and snores loud enough to attract a city full of walkers.
roflmao!! Name:  1420334631035.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  1.8 KB

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Cat Addict

Happy New Year all!

I haven't been here for a long while but there are many things I am happy about. One, I am happy to see familiar names and kitties here. I have not been around much since my father died and my husband had a health (and spiritual) crisis last year. Things are better now.

Two, I have just started volunteering at our local no-kill cat shelter ! I see it as a way of paying back all the good karma and love we have received from all our feline family members over the years. I know you guys will love to hear cat tales and adoption stories and more. I can't wait to share. I would love to become a cat whisperer but I will settle for being a communicator and interspecies liaison!

Two, I am reading lots of good books as a newish member in a local "Asian American Women's Book Group" where I am the token 'hafu' (half-Japanese) everyone else is second gen or first gen from all kinds of places. Fun fun. I look forward to talking books with you all here.

Gracie is doing well heading towards her 8th year. She is healthy and purring most of the time, although at this very moment she is a little challenged because our son who is a junior in college now (!!) is here with his girlfriend over semester break, and they had to bring her kitten along because she couldn't find a cat sitter among all their friends at school. The kitten is hanging out downstairs in Hubby's office (man cave) but Gracie is still edgy.

More later, and great to be here.

Fran and Gracie
post #17 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Welcome back, Fran! I've been back about for just over 15 months. All I can say is that it's good to be home.

----------
Renée
post #18 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
My cats are in AWE of my mother. They all thought they were expert nappers but she makes them seem like amateurs. Every afternoon like clockwork at 4:00 she crashes on the couch and snores loud enough to attract a city full of walkers.

hahahah im sorry but this WHOLE post had me giggling!

Last edited by marie73; 01-09-2015 at 04:40 PM.
post #19 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Welcome back, Fran!!!

I'm happy because my heater is fixed AND my slow-leaking tire had a nail in it and it was fixable, so $25 instead of two new tires!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #20 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 04:27 AM
Premier Cat

YAY Marie! You got your heater fixed! The way the weather is going, who knows?, you might need it!:p

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page