The Happy Thread - 2015 - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 05:59 PM
Premier Cat

After cleaning like mad for my mom's visit, then her visit, then food poisoning the day she left, THEN working 91/2 hour days to try and make up the hours from the day missed from food poisoning, I was *REALLY* dragging by Friday.

Saturday was spent in bed with the boys. The. Entire. Day. I'd feed them, grab something fast to eat, then back in bed to watch Netflix and fall asleep in the middle of the show. Wake up, feed the cats, eat something fast, start the episode over and fall asleep again.

I though for sure I'd be wide awake by Saturday night. NOPE. I fell asleep at 9:30 and slept straight through until 8 AM the next morning and I would have slept longer if I didn't have hungry cats who bugged me.

Yesterday I tidied and puttered around the house. Didn't even go to church. Only reason I even got out of my jammies was because I needed something from the grocery store(and I would have made something else if I hadn't realized halfway through making it).

Was asleep by 9:30 last night and today I feel better than I have in WEEKS. Even better next weekend is a 3 day weekend so with that extra day.... Ima do it all over again!!

Icing on the cake is that MowMOw was *VERY* happy to get some one on one snuggle kissing time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Sometimes we just need to reboot. I'm SO looking forward to the 3-day weekend!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Premier Cat

Truth. I was in a better frame of mind at work today than I have been in a REALLY long time. I was even here on time so I get to leave ON TIME for a change. So excited!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 12:53 PM
Premier Cat

Felt like crap last night, today I'm feeling a lot better! Yeah, it's funny. We might grumble, but it's GOOD to get back to work! Thinking of switching to the day shift though...
post #25 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 06:31 PM
Premier Cat

My heat downstairs went on strike, sort of, a couple nights ago. The temp kept dropping, but more than that, there was a funny smell coming out of the vents that made me nervous. I turned the system off and called my HVAC guy. Of course when I turned it on yesterday, it seemed fine, but I asked him to check it out anyway, and to figure out the cause of an annoying noise in one of the vents in my bedroom (of course there was no noise while he was here). So he checked the furnace, the vents, spent about 30 mins. here. I went to write him a check and he wouldn't accept any money. Told me we'd square up if and when the problems came back.

LOVE my HVAC guy.
post #26 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Beautiful morning...bright blue sky and 40 degrees, filled my gas tank for $27 (and it was really on empty) when not so long ago it would have been over $40...and the Patriots are going to the SuperBowl!!!!!!

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #27 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Premier Cat

I'm torn between the complaining thread and happy thread with this one.

I'm having a BLAST watching Neelix grow up. To see him explore and learn is just amazing. A million tiny things about him that just crack me up and I'm so thrilled that he's JUST as affectionate as when he was a tiny kitten. He's a snuggler and a face masher. His little personality is really becoming evident now and he's such a confidant little kitty (for the most part).

However, it makes me feel like I was such a bad cat mom to Book in his kitten years. He was my first kitten and I didn't know how to treat him. I think I was always way to critical of him and harsh (shooing and scolding, never hitting or hurting). In retrospect I think I expected him to be a tiny MowMow and it ticked me off when he wasn't and did kitten things.

On the UPSIDE of that, Book and I are becoming more bonded than we ever have been. He's becoming a real Mama's boy and loving it. He would never let me cuddle or kiss him. I always thought he just wasn't in to that, but now that I guess he's feeling closer(?), less threatened (?), more loved (?) ... he's SO affectionate with me.

If I'm settled on the couch or the bed he's wrapped around (all four legs holding a body part against his belly while he lays on his side) my arm or my leg. Last night he actually slept by my face and when I gave him kisses, he just purred away instead of getting up and moving.
post #28 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Did my taxes this weekend, got that out of the way, yay!

Got a 32-inch flat screen t.v. at our Christmas party and I'm going to get the HDMI cable after work (I keep forgetting), so I can (try to) set that up. It's my FIRST flat-screen t.v. Yes, the other t.v.'s in my house are the old HUGE, heavy ones, but why replace them when they work great?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #29 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 08:18 PM
Tom Cat

Hi guys! I know it's been a while since I've been around, BUT I wanted to come on here and share that....

I AM super happy right now because we are getting a puppy on friday!!!

Danielle & the seven meowzers.
Eechy, Boogeyman, Sophie, Ramona, Luigi, Sampson & Henry.
post #30 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 07:25 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover Danielle View Post
Hi guys! I know it's been a while since I've been around, BUT I wanted to come on here and share that....

I AM super happy right now because we are getting a puppy on friday!!!
Well, well, well! Let's see what the felines have to say about this **happy** news!! Keep us posted Danielle!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page