hmm... i have some pretty strong opinions about this whole music sharing business. here are my points:
- the majority of the money saved by paying to download music goes to the label, not the artists.
- the majority of bands i listen to are not found on pay sites.
- the only bands that care about you 'stealing' their music are the ones who don't need the money. smaller bands are just happy people are listening to them.
- if i want to check out a band, i download some mp3s and see if i like them. if i do, i buy a cd. i still buy cds for the cover art and liner notes. if i don't like them, i'd feel ripped off that i paid for those stupid mp3s.
- ever given someone a mix tape? would you have sent in a dollar to every label for every song on the mix tape? no, that's stupid. ever taped a song off the radio? how can labels stop that?
- do they really expect poor-as-dirt college students (like me) to shell out 20 bucks for a cd? label ceo's could drop the price of cds, but that would mean they might have to trade their lamborghini for a bmw.
p.s.- kazaa lite doesn't have spyware.