What do you collect? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
What do you collect?

I was just wondering if we had any collectors here.

I am a book collector. I love to read, but I also think that books are beautiful to look at. I hope to have a house with a miniature library in it someday. I have so many books now that I don't have enough bookshelves to put them on. I just bought Phantom of the Opera and Bram Stoker's Dracula. I can't wait to read them!

I also seem to have quite the cat collection. I have all kinds of cat stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 07:02 PM

I mostly collect old Fiestaware. I don't have a lot of pieces but I try and add pieces here and there.

I love books too!! I would love a small library someday too. I have soo many books that they no longer fit on my bookshelves.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 08:28 PM

I collect crystal dolphins, horse scuplures(plastic, ciramic, and porcaleon), stuffed animals(even though my critters usually steal them ) and books.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 08:35 PM

I collect odd and pretty bottles. I am chosey in the type of bottle I chose...generally not whiskey bottles although I do have one or two old ones. They have to be in excellent conditon...no paper labels (usually) and unusual. I also love the ones with the vinegar and oil in them..you know they have different kinds with herbs and fruit mixed in. i have them in China cabinets.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 10:21 PM

I loooove books too!
When we can afford to buy a house, I plan on turning the entire basement or maybe one of the larger rooms into a library - always been a dream of mine. I have so many books, we recently had to buy another bookshelf - much to my fiancee's horror

kittygirl04, if you enjoy Phantom of the Opera, I recommend you read The Mask (I believe that's what it's called - I'll double check...). It's about the Phantom's life as a child and how he became who he was. It's an excellant read!
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 12:15 AM

I can't say I collect but I love books also - SOO MUCH! There is nothing that relaxes more than seeing a huge setting with lots of books. When me and Andrew are moving out I am planning on dedicating walls to our books. I have books that deal with grammar, linguistics, ethymology, hermeneutics ..lots of dictionaries, universal literature (from mythology to modern times), art and history, travel books, a tone of national geographics, and more ..and then of course there are Andrew's car books
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 01:05 AM

usually when i start reading a certain sci-fi series, i try to get all the novels.

i got a bunch of small series like 2-5 books but my most treasured books are my shadowrun books. 1st novel came out in 1990 and the series has stopped with 41 or 42 novels. the books are getting old and i dont let anyone touch them.

right now i'm collecting the mash seasons on dvd. wish they come out with seinfeld already.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 07:14 AM
tio
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to tio
I collect the address of forums on Internet. It's very interesting, espcecially when you have to work online all day long. But I only collect Vietnamese forums, save their address and my username in the forums in a file. Sometimes, I surf the forums to know more about their content and write an article to introduce them on a magazine. I only post and become a member in true sense of the word in few ones.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 07:27 AM
Cool Cat

cars.

I have 100 hot wheels on my desk at work.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 08:39 AM
Cat Addict

PEZ dispensers. I don't know how many I have. I think just under 100, possibly more. I keep them at work. Here's some pictures:

And no, the shelves aren't bending under the weight of the PEZ. They're just old, warped shelves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page