The post diet - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 149 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

The post diet

My new years resolution is to lose at least 20 pounds. I am going to do it this year! I want to wear my old size agian!
I considered trying Metabolite....although now they have taken it off the market(Ephedra) So I guess I will have to do it all on my own.

So what is the most important thing you need for a diet? Willpower. I resolve as of right now, no more oreo cookies or Mcdonalds!

The rules of the post diet...
You dont have to say your weight, you do have to tell us how many pounds you gain or lose every week.
You have to eat healthy
excersice in some way every day

Ok everyone we can do this right! Post your progress!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 149 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Just some insperation

post #3 of 149 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 09:55 AM
Premier Cat

I dont know if I can stay away from fast food but good luck lilly on your new resolution!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 149 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 10:07 AM
Cat Addict

I think that's a fantastic idea. I'm looking to lose between 20-50 pounds before August. I don't actually have a scale, though. I'm getting over a cold currently, but I hope to start using my gym when I feel better.

Oh! Back when I weighed 175 pounds (this was the first time I got fat), I cut out all the fast food from my diet and lost 30 pounds in about six months. Just by not eating at McDonald's, Arby's or Taco Time. Very excellent. My problem now is that I weigh 200 pounds and I don't eat those things at all. So now I think I just need to start moving around.

*mumble* stupid metabolism slowing down on me *mumble*
post #5 of 149 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 01:53 PM

I hope everyone will keep in mind being healthy on top of their list.
I believe that fast food is not only one of the main causes for gaining weight but also all sorts of cancers. Our bodies need a little bit of everything - especially fruit and vegetables, healthy cooked meals. So please don't forget to give your bodies a little bit of everything. They say that the stronger the color of a vegetable or fruit the more vitamins it contains. It would be also a great idea to indulge ourselves with a little bit of sweets even fast food - as long as it is moderately...start with only once a week -
I also plan on exercising a lot more. I used to run, climb, play tennis and jump rope a lot - and I was feeling more alert. I haven't done any of that lately. A little tennis but not enough.
So don't forget to post how much you exercise also.
post #6 of 149 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 01:56 PM
Cool Cat

Should post our weight every two weeks. The fact that someone see's you've gained may be inspiration. I know some of the ladies may not want to do this...

I need to start something before I can't fit through the door.
post #7 of 149 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 01:57 PM

my new year's resolution is to work extra hard on my grades to get into that superb high school.( I really hope I get in!)
post #8 of 149 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 02:48 PM

i can give anyone plenty of reasons not to eat fast food. i am a plethera of info on factory farming.

i want to lose 20-30 pounds. i wanted to lose 10, then i quit smoking and gained 20! actually, losing 30 pounds would probably make me too skinny, and anyway, poundage doesn't really matter because muscle weighs more than fat. i want to replace my fat with muscle, how about that? i am going to make my belly flat as a pancake! woo!
post #9 of 149 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Well I already cheated! Everyone was hungry and we were running around in the car, so we went to McDonalds for dinner I really need WillPower!

And excersice, I am proud to say that I did do some today. I took my brother some things for his new apartment...on the third floor...and walked up and down those stairs about 4 times! So that counts right?

So we are posting our weight? You said it would be an insperation right? I have not told anyone how much I weigh ever! Because I am tall,(5'8") I spread my weight well and no one can guess that I weigh as much as I do. Before my scond daughter was concived I weighed 135. That is what I would love to get back to, however I will be happy at 145.

I wonder if we can link to one of those ideal weight for your height charts..that would be interesting.
post #10 of 149 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 07:57 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly
Well I already cheated! Everyone was hungry and we were running around in the car, so we went to McDonalds for dinner I really need WillPower!

And excersice, I am proud to say that I did do some today. I took my brother some things for his new apartment...on the third floor...and walked up and down those stairs about 4 times! So that counts right?
Mmmmmmm, Mcdonalds fries are really good especially when fresh, but yes you do, you need willpower!! Forget those fries for one week k? hehe

Yes I would consider the flight of stairs exercise I sometimes have to do this to get my groceries and it is exercising and that is all the exercising I do nowadays. Just carry a bag in each hand and don't slouch when walking those stairs!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page