Band - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Band

Hey, this is very off topic, but is anyone here in a band, or starting a band, play any instruments or anything? Just wondering, I play lead electric guitar in a band and am currently still looking for a band name . I want to use the money I earn if we ever get famous -.- to make a cat shelter which does not kill their cats! Its a lifelong dream...I want to rescue cats from death row from the RSPCA and other shelters. There is no death row at our shelter...ahem! And we would hold up to under ten cats at a time unfortunately, but of course the cost and such...wish me and my band and my best mate luck! For all the good of the cats out there...
=^-^=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Cat Addict

The only bands I was ever in were concert band, wind symphony, and marching band.

I play the clarinet, saxophone, piano, and mallet instruments. I'm currently teaching myself how to play guitar (the acoustic variety).

Good luck with your band!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 08:35 AM
Cool Cat

Band

My partner plays drums in a band called Buddasbeli. He's a sh*t hot drummer, and can play in any style, but currently doing 'Pyschadelic Punk' with Buddasbeli.
He's been a musician for years, sometimes professionally. He's realeased several CD's, been on international tours, recorded at Abbey Road but....never made any good money
However, I still think you should go for it, you never know until you try, do you?
Good luck, mate.

PS, I also play the drums after a fashion, but no-one wants a middle-aged woman in a band
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 02:14 PM

My husband plays the guitar, he isnt in a band though. He plays all sorts of music..like country and rock ect.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Cool Cat

I have a couple friends in different bands, but I'm not musically inclined.

I always thought "Zinger" would be a good name for a band...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm a certified music teacher, so I had to learn to play all the instruments. My major instruments were voice and piano, however. Why not name the band with the shelter in mind? Something about cats. Of course the term "cool cats" goes way back to the forties, so you'll probably want to stay away from that.
Let's just throw out words about cats and you might get inspired by them.
Claws
Back alleys
freedom
sleepers
jump
home
fur
sunbeam
There's a start.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 01:53 AM
Cool Cat

I've been in bands for 17 years and have had "my own" band for 13 years. I'm a drummer and singer by trade but I also know keyboards and guitar, also fluent in music theory in general. We play mainly for private functions such as weddings and corporate events. The nightclubs are more fun to play but private parties is where the real money is.

This is our happy "family" formal photo:

And our "we look tough" bar band photo:
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 11:14 AM

I used to play the piano and I took singing lessons for a while, but apart from that I'm not particularly musical. I've always thought that being in a band would be fun, though. Good luck to you, Spike!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Richo, Which one is you in the picture? What a difference in the second picture! I wouldn't want to run into those guys in a back alley!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 11:49 PM
Cool Cat

I am the 2nd from the left on the top, far left on the bottom.

Yes, the whole point of the bar picture is to look unfriendly. Nobody around here wants to go out to a bar with a happy band. People probably think that if you have a happy picture you play "bubblegum rock" music.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page