Prayer is Needed, Please. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Prayer is Needed, Please.

I have just found out that a dear young friend in England who is expecting a baby in early March has been taken to the hospital with very high blood pressure. The baby is stressed so the doctors expect to perform an early Caesarean section. Toxemia is so dangerous for both mother and baby, so please pray for my dear friend, Rhea and her baby. I would be very grateful. Thanks so much. I feel so helpless because she is so far away, but there is no distance God can't reach. God bless.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 10:53 AM

Jeanie when I was born my mother had toxemia. Of course then they didnt have all the technology they do now. My mom just thought she was sick. I was carried to full term, however was born with alot of complications. I was only two pounds at birth. Also I had a collapsed lung and heart problems. I was in the hospital for a long time.

Now adays the technology is so good, I am very certain your freind and her baby will be just fine! However I will keep them in my prayers and thoughts.

On a related note, cant you aquire toxemia from cat litter?
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 10:54 AM

I will keep her and the little baby in my thoughts. I strongly hope that there won't be any complications before the term. Is the lady at bed rest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 12:38 PM

Oh no poor Rhea! I had no idea she was even pregnant! I guess it has been a while since we've spoken...

I will keep her in my thoughts and hope that everything works out for her and the baby.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Cool Cat

I'm so sorry...
I hope she pulls through - I'm sure she will.

My cousin a couple years ago (2 went into the hospital with pneunomia, had a stroke and went into a coma. After a couple months they told the family they would have to decide whether to pull the plug, and a couple days later they felt a slight squeeze from her hand.

Now she's fully recovered and has a baby boy. So that made me believe that medical miracles can happen. That coupled with the advancement in medicine. Let's hope for the best!
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 02:08 PM

Lilly: that's Toxoplasma you are thinking of.

Your friend and her baby are in my thoughts.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I appreciate every answer, every positive thought, and every prayer. She is in bed, Ioana, and I'm sure the doctors will do their best. I'm a basket case because I can't do anything for her but pray and ask for prayer. Please keep her in your thoughts until she and the baby get a clean bill of health. This is her first baby. She is the young lady whose cat was stolen by the elderly man down the street that I mentioned yesterday. God bless you all for your help.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 04:01 PM

Jeanie, I am very sorry to hear about your friend. Please don't give up hope - as people have already mentioned, there are so many stories of miraculous survivals. I'm sure the doctors will do all they can. I will keep you, your friend and her baby in my thoughts.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Premier Cat

I lass i worked with at school was pregnant, we saw her on a friday she was fine, on the monday we wondered why she was late in, then someone came in and said she's had the baby, i couldnt beleive it! she was only 4 1/2 months aswell. The baby is doing great too.

Her baby will be fine with todays technology
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

That's good to hear, Zalensia. It gives me hope!

Jeanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page