lipo... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

lipo...

i'm getting the flab sucked out from under my arms, you know where my tricepts are suppose to be. i want to be able to wear tank-tops this summer and not worry about the flab. i been working out at the gym and dieting for like 8 1/2 years, and there's no improvement. i'm 22, but i don't know what to do.

opinions please!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I think you should discuss it with your family doctor and the plastic surgeon extensively. Any medical prodecure has the possiblity of complications. I understand how you feel. If you decide on the surgery, mad sure your plastic surgeon is a cetified member of the association. Any doctor-regardless of qualifications-could call himself a plastic surgeon, and make a terrible mess of your arms. Be careful! Know his or her qualifications and experience.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Cool Cat

I personally don't understand why people obsess over that stuff.

I don't mean to come off rude or anything... But if you are doing this at 22 (which is a very young age) what will you do in another 10 years? Please don't turn into one of those self-obsessive people who needs some "uplifting" surgury every couple years!

Also - liposuction doesn't always work the way you want it too. You can never tell until it's done, and it can offen turn out lumpy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Premier Cat

I agree with Jeanie, Kristy. Make sure you get all the information, possible side effects, risks and complications before you decide for sure to have surgery. Do you know anyone who has had this procedure? It would be good to talk to them to get an idea what you are in for. Just remember there is no such think as risk-free surgery.
I firmly believe people have the right to do what they choice with their own bodies, just make sure you get the facts!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Premier Cat

Yup, its very important you pick a good doctor and someone reputable too. Alot of doctors like to take out more than necessary and to keep it up after you get the surgery, you have to take it upon yourself to exercise and maintain the look. It doesn't always stay nice. I have a friend obsessed with surgery and although liposuction is one thing she hasn't (and shouldn't) do, I hear it can be dangerous. Be careful and Good Luck!

p.s.-let us know if you decide to get it!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

i do have ocd. i was told that last month by my psychiatrist. i want my boob bigger too. i would have Dr. McLendon do it. he's the bbest in Georgia.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 04:51 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Kristy, if you have ocd, you might never be satisfied, and become a plastic surgery junkie. You know that better than I do, however. Please discuss this with your counselor before you do anything. There is help for ocd, I understand. I do hope science can help you.

Can you substitute shelter cats for perfect arms? Don't go too far with that, either. Just kidding, of course. OCD is not a pleasant illness to have. God bless.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Cool Cat

I'm slightly OCD, and my mother is big time. My recommendation would be to NOT give in. It can turn into a really bad problem, and can be really hard to break.

On another note, medication can make a world of difference. I'm taking some (for that and depression) and it has helped a lot.

I just think it's a sin for someone to think that badly of theirself, especially when they don't need it at all. I know I'm not the best self esteem role model, but you shouldn't have to go under the knife to be happy. Cause if you have to, you probably never will.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 01:42 AM
Premier Cat

It's hard enough for any average person without ocd to not want multiple surgeries. It does get addictive b/c people always want to look better. To tell you the truth I would love to get surgery too but don't have money right now....... and I really want to get lasik eye surgery soon, my vision is so horrible right now!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-10-2004, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

omg, i had lasik done oct. 2002. it was awsome. i couldn't even see the big E before. the doctor said he could make me 20/30 or 20/40, but he made me 20/25. i was like, whoa, but for reason my eyes burn a lot now, i need drops more, and my vision's slowly getting worse. he said he could do a tune up, but there's that money problem. i just got through paying for the original surgery. it is cheaper than lipo though, but still...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page