Help. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Help.

Ive got to go on a diet. I went on a diet about a year and a half ago and managed to lose nearly 3 stone. Ive put it all back on again, and really want to be slim. Im about 11 stone and 5'2. So being short, i should be about 8 stone. Im just wondering if anyone has any good tips for me. I really have trouble with finding something to eat. The only fruit i like is grapes, and when on a diet i mostly eat chicken and soup. I dont eat a wide variety of foods, which is why i get fed up of being on the diet. I hate exercising! So i always want to do as little as possible. I used to do twenty minutes on my treadmill every day. I always start the diet, then about a week or two(if that) into it, i give up because of not knowing what to eat aswell as hating the excercise. Apart from walking on the treadmill, does anyone know any other exercises i can do that are very good for the stomach, thighs, buttocks and the obliques(i think thats what they are called) Im sorry im asking rather alot. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Cat Addict

You could join the post diet thread.

I don't really have any tips for weight loss for a picky eater (I don't mean that as an insult). I really love variety in food and I'll try anything at least once. For example, for dinner tonight I'm going to make poached chicken in vodka sauce with whole wheat spaghetti.

There's also a lot of good recipes in the healthy recipes thread. Both threads have stickys at the top of this forum.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 08:37 PM

SOOOOOOOO much advice I could give you! I helped my boyfriend loose 20 lbs. By the way...what is STONE? Sorry, but I have no idea what that means!
If you need advice...PM me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 03:51 AM
Cool Cat

Help

Regarding exercising - it helps if you can find something that you find quite *fun*. Going on a treadmill used to be a punishment for prisoners
What works for me is to do exercise to music - I just go to classes at a local, public gym. Also, you could start off by trying to find a class on a Saturday or Sunday morning. I find its really difficult to drag yourself out again after a hard day at work. At the weeked I feel much more lively.
Finally, try to find a teacher that is motivating without being bullying. If you haven't exercised for ages, you shouldn't be expected to do much high impact work.
I can't stand teachers who nag you to keep jogging all the time - I know when I'm puffed out, and at that point I want to take it down to a walk.

BTW, JungleKitty - a stone is 14lbs

seashell
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help everyone. Ill take a look at the diet thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page