My favorite show's been cancelled - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

My favorite show's been cancelled

Yeah, I know I shouldn't get too upset about a t.v. show, but the WB just announced last week that this will be the last year for "Angel".

Man...I still haven't gotten over "Buffy" being cancelled. Well, that does it! I must go out and buy Angel Season III on DVD now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 04:09 PM

why are they cancelling?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

They didn't say. They did say that ratings have gone up since they added James Marsters to the cast. Plus the writing this season has been phenomenal. Here's the kick in the butt, though: Reba's still on the air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 04:30 PM

thats sucky. maybe angel wanted to do something else?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Nope. Here's the press release:
A statement from The WB:
For the last seven years Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer have been cornerstones of our network. The sum total of the work done on those shows has produced some of the proudest moments in our history. Like some of the great series that are leaving the air this year, including Frasier and Friends, the cast, crew, writers and producers of Angel deserve to be able to wrap up the series in a way befitting a classic television series and that is why we went to Joss to let him know that this would be the last year of the series on The WB. We have discussed continuing the Angel legacy with special movie events next year, which is still on the table. In a perfect world, all of these details would be completed before this information went to the press so that we could be definitive about the show's ongoing future. But in any case, we did not want to contemplate this being the last year of Angel without giving the show the option of crafting their own destiny for this character and for this series. David Boreanaz continues to be one of the finest, classiest and friendliest actors we have had the pleasure to work with and we hope that the relationship furthers from here. The same can be said for all the actors and producers on the show.

And that's all we know.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 04:38 PM

weird.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 06:07 PM

Too bad. I'll miss it, though not as much as I miss BUFFY.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 10:37 AM

noo they can't do that I am heartbroken now
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Other networks still have the option to pick the show up, but I don't think it's likely to happen.

The local newspapers here are not happy about the cancellation. R.D. Heldenfels writes, "I still wish the show wouldn't end."

Robert Bianco of USA Today wrote, "No series is having a much better season than Angel, as witnessed by tonight's funny, creepy outing about a children's show that steals children's souls while upholding 'a certain standard of quality edutainment.' The best joke is on Angel, who is turned into a perpetually scowling puppet. It's a great episode, which makes the news that WB is cancelling the show that much harder to take. Still, you can't blame the network. It has to make room for the next Tarzan, Birds of Prey, or Fearless - or, even better, for yet another attempt to clone Dawson's Creek."

Sour grapes, sure...but who can blame him?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 08:33 PM

http://www.savemyshow.com

Its a long shot...but maybe enough people will vote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page