Why do you want to loose weight? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Why do you want to loose weight?

Well i was thinking beofre with the thread up with loosing weight, how you are doing etc etc and i thought why did you want to loose it?
Some people say god made us the way we are, and we should be happy with that. but i was just wondering what peoples reasons were for wanting to loose weight.
Now ive had my wisdom teeth done ive started my diet, and mainly thru stravation from not being able to eat anything proper i lost 16lbs. The reason i want to loose weight is i want to go into shops and choose clothes i like, not choose an item of clothing because of the lack of crap choice there is in larger sized clothes and instead having to pick what fits me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 06:39 PM

My reason for wanting to lose weight, is because i have always been slightly on the larger side. I would just love to have nice slim thighs etc, and be able to buy things in small sizes. I always have problems with clothing. Alot of trousers will fit in the thighs and hips, but be too tight in the stomach. My stomach isnt reallt that big, im larger in the thigh area. I also want to be confident when wearing certain clothing.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 07:20 PM

i want to lose weight so i can be skinnier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 08:20 PM

My entire life I have been slim, I used to be able to eat anything without consequence.
When I was pregnant with my second daughter I was so hungry all the time. I gained alot of weight during that pregnancy. Something like 60 to 70 pounds gained. (My baby was 10 pounds at birth)

After she was born (she is almost 4) I never lost all the weight. Now when I eat I gain weight easily.

I just want to be skinny like I have always been, I also really want to fit into my clothes again..right now nothing fits.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 09:59 AM

I want to loose weight because I'm too fat! Honest! Last year I lost a lot of weight, but that was because I had early detected colon cancer and had to have an operation and go through chemo and radiation and didn't have much appetite. But once I got well I got my appetite back and.........
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Cat Addict

I'm obese. It's not healthy. That's why I want to lose weight. Fitting into my wedding gown is a pleasant side-effect.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Cat Addict

I want to lose weight for my health. I don't want to increase the risk for heart disease when I get older. My dad has chron's disease, which can be hereditary, the doctor says it's not a question of if, but more of a question of when I'll get it myself. A healthy diet and body makes the disease much more managable. (It affects your intestines.) I've also learned that I'm high risk to develop diabetes. I have no family history of diabetics, it's all my own doing that may cause it.

Aside from that, I could use a little more confidence in my life. I want to feel good about myself when I earn my degree next year, because I think it'll help when the job interviews come along. I've always been in good shape, except for the last three years or so.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 03:29 PM

i want to lose weight because it just feels wrong! i was thin my whole life. i feel frumpy and i'm getting stretch marks. i don't like sitting down and having to adjust my pants for the gut bulge and i want to fit into my cool clothes again. i collected a killer wardrobe that i can't even fit into anymore
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 03:36 PM

I actually have a few reasons,I decidedto join a gym as I have clinical deppression, and I know exercise is good for your moods, I also think if I get down a couple of clothes sizes this will also make me happier, to help my circulation cos I'm always cold, I'm 5.6 and 12 stone 1 (around 168 lbs I think) and a size 18.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 03:11 AM
Cool Cat

Because I have many pieces of clothing that I can't wear right now. I put on about 5 pounds from Thanksgiving to Christmas and I was sick for a couple of weeks out of that time where I did not exercise. I just haven't been ambitious enough to really put my mind to it yet but I'm still exercising when I get the motivation.

I refuse to buy new jeans in a larger size so I am wearing holes in the ones that fit right now. I have about 6 pair waiting to be worn once I lose 5 pounds. Problem is, I love my pizza and chocolate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page